Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we're committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
The Global Communications team is responsible for promoting, protecting and enhancing the Dell reputation with internal and external influencers and stakeholders using a multiple communication platforms, channels and vehicles as required for maximum impact. We are seeking a passionate and enthusiastic team player with a keen eye for detail, who wants to make a global impact, loves to find the story behind the story and is able to work in a fast-paced and demanding communications environment.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Communications Strategic Programs & Operations, you will be responsible for creating a new Center of Excellence within Dell's Global Communications team and acting as a strategic advisor on Global Planning, Measurement and Reporting.Responsibilities:
- Owning the global strategic planning process
- Partnering with Executive leaders on development of Global Programs and Initiatives, including establishing key performance metrics
- Acting as a liaison between program and initiative leaders on the regional communications teams around the world
- Driving consistent governance process and reporting processes to ensure program execution for maximum impact
- Owning and evolving our measurement and reporting capabilities
- Managing vendor relationships to ensure maximum return on every dollar spent
- Facilitating vendor engagement across communications colleagues and stakeholders
- Deriving insights that will guide colleagues and stakeholders, and driving dialogue that will translated insights into action
Additionally, your role will involve special projects and initiatives that encourage collaboration, improve standardization, improve operational excellence and. Some of those activities will include:
- Program & Event Management - serve as program manager for major events and launches
- Executive Comms Support - provide internal and external communications support for the SVP of Communications.
This position is preferably based in Hopkinton, MA (Boston area) or Round Rock, TX (Austin area).Requirements:
- 5-8 years' experience in public relations/communications (agency or corporate environment) or Marketing
- MBA Preferred
- Ability to analyze issues, seek, develop and execute solutions within a dynamic environment
- Familiarity with communications/marketing measurement and able to compile and analyze data and develop insights
- Ability to work across geographic and organizational boundaries, with strong relationship management skills
- Experience in rationalizing inputs from multiple stakeholders and connect-the-dots across programs
- Proven ability to work in fast-paced, time-sensitive environments
- Exceptional organization and project management skills with fanatical attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong written and oral presentation skills
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Functional knowledge of html and programming languages a plus
- Must be capable of working with a team, as well as with a great deal of autonomy
- Possess a flexible, enthusiastic and proactive demeanor with a hands-on, detail-oriented work ethic
- Maintain a high level of process and deliverable quality and consistency as well as excellent relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell's team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approachWhy work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members' health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell
encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Family: Communications
Job ID: R20897
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.