Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility. About Dell EMC:
Dell EMC is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We believe in working together to build a brighter future, celebrating the entrepreneurial spirit that lives inside us all, and marrying innovation with action. Dell is proud to offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we're committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Have you considered your next career move?
The Internal Dell talent gateway is a portal that allows you to search for and submit your resume to current Dell job openings. Before submitting your resume to a specific position, please make sure to read the job description carefully to ensure that you meet any skills or education requirements.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.Description: Product Management Sr. Advisor Dell EMC Server Solutions
As a part of the Dell EMC PowerEdge Product Group, the Product Management Sr. Advisor will oversee key commodity analysis for servers including network adapters, traditional and flash storage, accelerators, and other important commodity offerings. This is a critical role with server business that requires strong analytical skills, quick think-on-your-feet skills, and extremely strong communication skills along with the ability to work cross functionally with different teams. The ideal candidate will exhibit a strong balance across these skills sets. The critical thought and analysis will drive decisions regarding key enabling technologies.Principal Accountabilities:
- Interacts with Product Managers to understand business strategy, conditions and potential problem areas.
- Utilizes knowledge of all market, price and cost inputs across all product lines and commodity portfolio to create, manage, and support optimization of commodities offered.
- Utilize data analysis as a key foundation in supporting commodity offering strategy and implement new statistical or other methodologies as needed.
- Support the portfolios with proactive research, including industry and market analysis from media and analyst community resources that help to support strategy for platforms and commodity strategy.
- Understands impact of emerging business trends and their implications for Dell and the
- Contributes to the commodity and platform strategy along with influencing decision making based on information gained from deep dive analysis and discussions with Product Managers and Regional Marketing teams.
- Produces actionable & compelling recommendations by interpreting, exploring, identifying and communicating insights discovered in support of driving change. Also, partners with both internal & external sources to gather and examine data from disparate sources with the goal of discovering previously hidden insights.
- Working across multiple teams, drive the execution for optimizing offerings throughout entire life cycle.
- Designs, develops and documents methods, processes and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured data to generate actionable insights and solutions.
- Socializes any business changes across multiple organizations to maintain alignment of teams in an agile business environment.
- Influences executive management regarding appropriate actions.
- Works under little to no supervision with internal and external teams to understand customer requirements
- Strong statistical analysis skills that includes utilizing database for
- Ability to hypothesize and draw correlations, identify root causes, and summarize results that support a framework for reducing commodity complexity.
- Ability to engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously and prioritize activities.
- Financial skills would be desired to help model revenue, unit, and margin impacts.
- 3 to 5 years in an analytical or reporting capacity with solid exposure to BA technique along with supporting experience engaged in analyzing and using data in support recommendation development.
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to work cross functionally.
- MBA or other similar experience desired
Job Family: Engineering Development
Job ID: R16691
A little about us:
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.