Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
As a product manager, this role will require formulation of strategic business plans for the Dell EMC line of Solutions & Deploy Service offers/products. The position will be responsible for driving product management processes to optimize product definition, maximize the value of Deploy offers to Dell EMC's business, positively drive the customer experience, and differentiate Dell EMC in the marketplace. This role will also create content which describes and communicates our Solutions & Deploy service vision and direction for customers, analysts, and internal audiences, and they will act as the Subject Matter Expert that understands the competitive ecosystem. Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Manages the development of new service offers and features, working with development teams, without direct supervision.
- Evaluates and drives the offer development processes. Works closely with product teams, sellers, and service development to ensure the blend of trade-offs are understood to maximize the product impact in the marketplace (customer use cases, competitive feature, timing, costs, and internal capabilities).
- Work collaboratively to make decisions on capabilities to be developed and new features to be added. Ensure new initiatives and features are designed in a way that shapes the direction for the customer experience in alignment with the product, service and overall company strategies.
- Lead multiple cross-functional teams defining the detailed use cases to ensure we bring the right service offers and capabilities to market to solve our customer's business problems.
- Support senior staff with research, development, and presentation of new offer concepts to gain timely management approval and handling of issues for product feature/function set.
- Supports the development and implementation of the company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- 6+ years' experience working in Product or Portfolio Management
- Strong Technical aptitude
- Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge
- Experience working directly with external customers
- Experience working directly with Sales teams
- Experience in determining customer problems sets
- Able to prioritize and influence various stakeholders
- Able to influence others to achieve results
- Skilled leading, collaborating and working with geographically distributed teams
- Able to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic environment
- Experience working on multiple programs simultaneously.
- Cross team negotiation skills - able to share optional solutions and build a business case for each to gain cross team agreement as to the best approach
- Innovative with an innate ability to problem solve - finding creative solutions to business processes in order to improve the product development process
- Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills, leadership, time management, problem resolution and team building skills are required.
- Experience delivering computing, storage, or networking platforms to the market is a major plus
- Bachelor's degree required
- A concentration in engineering a plus
- A Master's degree preferred
is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .
Job Family: Engineering Development
Job ID: R22021