Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Charlotte Alternate Job Location : Convent Station & Morristown, NJ (Charlotte, NC preferred)
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers’ lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company’s mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
Reporting to the Head of ALM Modeling, this position at Brighthouse Financial is responsible for supporting ALM for Life and Annuities within the General Account Asset/Liability Management (ALM) team. The General Account ALM team is responsible for analyzing the liability risk of various product segments and developing an understanding of the liabilities to inform investment strategy as well as assessing the appropriate economic and statutory capital requirements associated with market risk on these products. This position is also responsible for performing the analyses required to support the definition and execution of hedging strategies for Brighthouse Financial’s Life and and Annuities business.
- Build and maintain models to calculate liability metrics for all in-scope lines of business, including market value, duration, convexity, and key-rate durations, and analyze sensitivity of these metrics to different liability assumptions
- Work with General Account ALM and Investments teams to model the impact of medium/long-term investment strategies and near-term portfolio repositioning to optimize the company's risk/return profile from a Strategic or Tactical Asset Allocation perspective
- Assist with conversion of existing ALM models from MoSes to Prophet platform
- Perform sensitivity analysis on results from Strategic and Tactical Asset Allocation and hedging work to reasonable alternate asset, liability, and economic assumptions in order to ensure optimal strategies are selected
- Support preparation of presentations to ALM committees
- Practice sound governance around decision making and model analytics in a centralized, efficient framework
- Work with other General Account and Variable Annuity ALM team members to support enterprise reporting and develop a consistent view of ALM outputs and assist with related efforts from broader Treasury, Actuarial, Finance, and Risk groups
- Monitor industry best practices, including practitioner and academic research, related to ALM and asset allocation tools to better inform the ALM and investment processes
- Support the team in support of internal Treasury & ALM initiatives
- Perform other related activities as required
- In order to post for this position, you need the proper work authorization to work in the country where the position is located and not require relocation assistance.
- 4+ years of experience with increasing responsibilities in an actuarial function
- Knowledge of actuarial projection techniques
- Experience with actuarial software such as Moses, USLMS, Prophet, GGY-Axis, etc.
- Model development experience coding life and annuity actuarial projection models
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Actuarial experience in both life and annuity industry, with focuses on ALM and financial planning concepts is preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Must have strong ability to make decisions; ability to consider multiple aspects while making business decisions
- Strong interpersonal project management skills
- Associate of Society of Actuaries (ASA) and other related advanced degrees is a plus
Treasury & ALM
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.