The FP&A Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
FP&A Center of Excellence Team
Reshaping the future of FP&A at Verizon, calls for improving our ability to deliver exceptional value to our customers. Being a part of the Center of Excellence (COE) team you will work alongside financial professionals and business leaders, gaining opportunities to grow and develop to build a strong FP&A foundation. You will be involved in, target setting, reporting & analysis, planning and forecasting, and guiding the strategic direction across Verizon. Explore the breadth of opportunities that come with aligning your expertise with the future of superior networks, systems, analytics and video, to improve the way people live work and play.
- Perform the duties of an Enterprise Data Steward. This includes:
- Work with the Business Units and other Data Stewards to ensure enterprise-wide data integrity, quality and usage of the Finance Certified Information Platform (FCIP).
- Work closely with Business Data Stewards, Finance Data Governance Office, Business Stakeholders, and IT to maximize data quality for your data domain.
- Perform data loads and data validation of the FCIP environment.
- Identify business processes and system improvements in collaboration with internal business units.
- Compile draft view of documentation for business, functional, and data requirements.
- Assemble work plan for implementation of process and system improvements in collaboration with Financial Systems Group.
- Distill training content into a working draft of materials to educate customer(s) on utilizing implemented processes and/or systems.
- Analyze implemented processes and systems performance.
- Coordinate testing with business users of functional requirements (i.e. user acceptance testing, regression testing) and collaborate with Financial Systems Group (FSG) as needed to resolve discrepancies.
- Participate in post-mortem process led by Business Process and System Improvement Managers.
- Communicate with stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- An Associate’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Two or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel, Access and Powerpoint.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Math, Finance, Business, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, or Information Science.
- Knowledge of programming, coding, and scripting.
- Knowledge of FP&A business practices.
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals (data profiling, improvement, accuracy, completeness, data integrity, data stewardship, and data governance).
- Excellent communication skills and ability to focus on the details.
- Knowledge in the usage of Oracle DRM, Collibra, Essbase, Smart View, and Hyperion Planning.
- Knowledge in the usage of OBIEE, Tableau, SQL and/or similar tools.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us:
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.