Sr Data Analyst
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilities
United Airlines is seeking talented people to join the Enterprise Data Analytics organization.
The Commercial Data Analytics team is responsible for driving data driven insights & innovation across the Commercial organization (e.g. Marketing, eCommerce, Sales, Loyalty, Revenue Management). The Commercial Data Analytics group is a dynamic group acutely focused on driving measurable results.
As one of the Senior Analysts on the Commercial Data Analytics team, you will partner with business and commercial technology teams to define and execute data analytics initiatives that create sustainable revenue and share growth. Airline experience is not required for this position. This role requires business intuition, project management experience, and a working knowledge of analytical tools. This role reports to the Senior Manager – Commercial Data Analytics.
- Partners with business and IT stakeholders to identify, prioritize, manage and implement strategic data insights and advanced analytics initiatives
- Collaborates with Data Analytics teams to ensure execution of key business initiatives based on understanding of drivers, requirements, scope and timeline
- Leverages analytical skill set to access data from multiple sources for ad hoc analyses, data visualizations and to drive innovation through new insights
- Develops and validates evaluation metrics and models to analyze initiatve performance and identify areas of opportunity
- Leads cross-team status meetings and manages frequent communication to business stakeholders and IT teams
- Creates and delivers presentations and visualizations as required
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field
- 18+months of experience in analysis, information science, data visualization, or other relevant quantitative field required
- Strong passion for answering key business questions with data
- Ability to analyze problems and independently develop efficient solutions
- Ability to multitask and reprioritize activities quickly and effectively
- Ability to proactively manage stakeholder expectations on current and future business needs
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative concepts in a clear, precise and actionable manner
- Comfortable presenting to Executive-level stakeholders and able to communicate effectively with team members from all areas of the enterprise
- Must be a team focused individual and a strategic thinker
- Must have high energy and possess a positive attitude
- Successful candidates will have a basic understanding or experience with some, if not most, of the following: SQL, SAS, R, Python or other database interface tools and languages
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Master’s Degree in a quantitative field
- Project management experience
- Tableau, Spotfire or other visualization tools
- Statistical analysis and modeling including Linear Regression, Segmentation, non-Linear predictive (e.g. Logistic) Regression and machine learning
A little about us:
Connecting people. Uniting the world. Every day, we help unite the world by connecting people to the moments that matter most. This shared purpose drives us to be the best airline for our employees, customers and everyone we serve.