Senior Analyst - Commodities
The successful candidate will support the Global CRM (Commodity Risk Management) Oil Team & Soft Commodity Team. The individual will be responsible for market analysis, position reporting, management of Unilever’s exposure in North and South America, and back up coverage for commodity related risk where needed. Studies, presentation preparation, and additional project work for the global team will also be required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the CRM Manager to develop and execute hedging strategies across a range of commodity exposures
- Collect relevant data from internal and external sources, maintaining the appropriate databases. Report relevant data at request e.g. weekly price updates, cover report calculations etc.
- Analyze and develop deep understanding of the supply markets, including external economic factors which influence those markets
- As part of the team, contribute to the formulation of global risk management strategies
- Liaise closely with Procurement Managers (for relevant categories) to understand requirements (volume and strategy) and enhance flow of information from suppliers
- Collect market views and intelligence to disseminate, distribute and challenge with CRM and Global Market Intelligence
Collectively, the impact of this individual’s responsibilities will be to help expand the breadth of the CRM Teams. Helping to quantify soy oil exposures and then to have a keen grasp on the markets (both regional and global) that will assist in making smart trading decisions. Ultimately, this role is pivotal in delivering the key objectives of the Commodity Risk Management (CRM) unit, which include strengthening market analysis and spend forecasting accuracy, and to protect the company’s financial results in the most effective way.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA advantageous
- Min 2 years exposure to Agricultural Supply Chain / Procurement / Analysis / Trading
- Bilingual is a plus (Spanish or Portuguese)
- Derivative experience a plus
- Excel / Power Point / Word advanced capability
- Keen interest in Commodities
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Clear demonstration of holding people accountable and team commitment
- Clear demonstration of business results
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.