Great Games Start with Great People!
This is a significant time in our company's history - and one of the most exciting times to join us!
Activision Blizzard, Inc., a member of the S&P 500, is the world's most successful standalone interactive entertainment company. We delight nearly 500 million monthly active users around the world through franchises including Activision's Call of Duty®, Destiny and Skylanders®, Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®: Heroes of Warcraft™, Diablo®, StarCraft®, and Heroes of the Storm®, and King's Candy Crush™, Pet Rescue™ and Farm Heroes™. The company is one of the Fortune "100 Best Companies To Work For®." Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the world, and its games are played in 196 countries.
The Senior Analyst of Corporate Strategy and Business Development position is a unique, critical and highly visible role at Activision Blizzard. Former Corporate Strategy team members have moved onto leadership roles within the organization, including Investor Relations, Studio Operations, and Segment Finance.
Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, this position has a "seat at the table" and plays a key, active role on a high caliber team driving the Company's corporate strategy and transactional activity. The successful candidate will support the team's effort in formulating corporate and business strategy and analyzing business opportunities to drive both organic and inorganic growth. The successful candidate is an independent, analytical, and intellectually curious individual who can structure analyses and strategies and articulate findings to wide range of business stakeholders, including senior leadership throughout the organization. The successful candidate's responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Corporate Strategy and Planning
• Actively participate in key corporate strategic planning processes, working across businesses and functions to frame corporate strategy, outline key initiatives, and analyze financial plans
• Support strategy, organization and operations-related projects end-to-end: define the problem, develop a hypothesis, structure the analysis, collect the necessary data, and communicate findings succinctly and thoughtfully
• Support our expansion in existing and new segments, including analytical initiatives such as go-to-market strategy for existing business, market entry options for new businesses, and build-buy-partner assessments
• Prepare presentations for senior management and the Board of Directors and provide analyses and recommendations to assist with strategic decision-making
Business Unit Strategy & Support
• Work closely with key stakeholders in our Business Units on priority tactical initiatives to improve Business Unit performance
• Develop a deep understanding of how our Business Units operate, the markets they play in, their strategic priorities and potential opportunities
• Analyze and develop points of view on trends and market forecasts in gaming and other relevant media and entertainment sectors, critically thinking about the implications for Activision Blizzard
• Conduct research on industries, potential partners, and competitors
• Manage company databases with relevant market research and industry estimates
Corporate/Business Development and M&A
• Support inorganic growth initiatives including commercial partnerships and M&A
The ideal candidate will have:
• BA or BS (pre-MBA) with 2 years of work experience, ideally with some combination of experience in management consulting, investment banking, private equity, and/or corporate development and strategy at a leading media or technology company.
• Exceptional quantitative skills and financial acumen
• Advanced proficiency with analytical tools such as Microsoft Excel and in synthesizing data for an executive audience
• Persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal, particularly the ability to develop coherent arguments and present them concisely to a range of stakeholders
• Self-starter who can effectively collaborate and work across several operating divisions; ability to drive alignment and consensus across various senior executive stakeholders
• Interest and passion for interactive entertainment and technology with the ability to learn complex industry topics quickly
A little about us:
We are lucky to work in a business where imagination, creativity, and play aren't only encouraged, they're required.