Great Games Start with Great People!
This is a significant time in our company's history - and one of the most exciting times to join us!
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is the largest and most profitable independent western interactive entertainment publishing company. We develop and publish some of the most successful and beloved entertainment franchises, including Call of Duty®, Destiny®, Overwatch®, World of Warcraft®, StarCraft®, Diablo® and Candy Crush®.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, we maintain operations throughout the United States, Europe, and Asia. Activision Blizzard develops and publishes games on all leading interactive and mobile platforms globally. More information about Activision Blizzard can be found on our website, http://www.activisionblizzard.com/.
The Senior Analyst of Corporate Strategy and Business Development position is a critical and highly visible role at Activision Blizzard.
Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, this position plays a key, active role on the team driving the Company's corporate strategy and transactional activity. The successful candidate will support the team's effort in formulating corporate and business strategy and analyzing business opportunities to drive both organic and inorganic growth. The successful candidate is an independent, analytical, and intellectually curious individual who can structure analyses and strategies and articulate findings to wide range of business stakeholders. The successful candidate's responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Support strategy, organization and operations-related projects end-to-end: define the problem, develop a hypothesis, structure the analysis, collect the necessary data, conduct the work, and communicate the recommendation succinctly and thoughtfully
- Support our expansion in existing and new segments, which will include analytical initiatives such as go-to-market (GTM) strategy for existing business, evaluating market entry options for new businesses, and build-buy-partner assessments
- Prepare presentations for senior management and the Board of Directors and provide analyses and recommendations to assist with strategic decision-making
Business Unit Strategy & Support
- Work closely with key stakeholders in our Business Units on priority tactical initiatives to improve Business Unit performance
- Develop a deep understanding of how our Business Units operate, the markets they play in, their strategic priorities and potential opportunities
- Analyze and develop points of view on trends and market forecasts in gaming and other relevant media and entertainment sectors, critically thinking about the implications for Activision Blizzard
- Conduct research on industries, potential partners, and competitors
- Manage company databases with relevant market research and industry estimates
Corporate/Business Development and M&A
- Monitor, screen, analyze, and execute potential acquisitions or partnerships
- Develop thoughtful investment rationales for potential strategic opportunities
- Create and manage comprehensive pipeline of potential M&A and other inorganic growth opportunities
- Build and maintain detailed financial models, including complex operating and valuation analyses
- Help drive transaction and due diligence processes
- Compile and synthesize large amounts of data
The ideal candidate will have:
Education: Bachelor's degree (Pre-MBA)
Prior Experience: minimum 2 years of analytical experience in management consulting, investment banking, private equity, and/or a corporate development, strategy, or planning & analysis role at a leading media or technology company
- Exceptional quantitative and financial acumen, including experience with corporate finance and valuation
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including building and maintaining financial models and synthesizing large amounts of data
- Strong problem solving skills such as prioritization, critical thinking and hypothesis development
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills, particularly the ability to develop coherent arguments and present them concisely to a range of stakeholders
Ability to effectively balance multiple simultaneous project streams with tight timelines
Self-starter and humble individual who can collaborate and work well across our several operating divisions and drive alignment and consensus with key stakeholders on important topics
Knowledge of and passion for gaming, media and technology and ability to get up to speed on the industry quickly
We are lucky to work in a business where imagination, creativity, and play aren't only encouraged, they're required.