Senior Analyst, Decision Support Services (Job Number: 024228)
Deerfield Corporate - 200 WILMOT RD
200 WILMOT RD
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Position is based at the Walgreens corporate office in Deerfield IL with flexibility to work occasionally in the Chicago Loop office. Responsible for business analyses that support the Executive Leadership Team and Business Unit divisions at Walgreens. Common analyses may include interpreting trends, identifying deviations from expected performance and reporting results to various business units within the organization. Advanced analyses may include designing experiments to help measure and manage the risk of key investments, developing data mining techniques to rapidly discover interesting performance, or improving predictive models to increase forecast accuracy. In all cases, represent the unbiased voice of the stakeholders in key decision making sessions with a strong sense of stewardship. Utilizing sound analytical techniques, the Senior Decision Support Analyst is expected to proactively identify opportunities that positively impact the business. Job Responsibilities
- In support of assigned analyses and projects, performs complex analyses with actionable outcomes. Reviews and analyzes the financial and operational data specific to assigned analyses and projects. Maintains a high level of data integrity and takes appropriate action to investigate potential data discrepancies.
- Prepares and reviews more advanced charts, tables, and other exhibits for use in reports. Prepares complex reports, statements, working papers, schedules, exhibits, and summaries supporting assigned business projects.
- Assists management with financial planning, budgeting/forecasting, variance analysis and ad hoc business analysis. This may include but is not limited to the support of complex business models and financial analysis applying concepts such as IRR, NPV, DCF etc.
- Researches, analyzes and explains current and past activity, expected trends and potential effect of change. Supports findings and recommendations to clients.
- As necessary, supports meetings that are integral to the success of the assigned project and analytical workload.
- Act as liaison between business end users and the various database teams. Learns the underlying data attributes, metrics and calculations and strives to become an expert of the data and metrics.
- Helps solve business questions and analytical approaches with internal clientele.
- Initiates new and improved business reporting methods through modeling of data.
- Builds positive relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Maintain competency in the various data repository systems used throughout the business.
- Serves as a subject matter expert by providing extensive business and technical analysis based on customer needs.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 3 years of experience in an analytical role or analytics or High School Diploma/GED and at least 6 years of experience in an analytical role or analytics.
- At least 2 years of experience querying databases using SQL, Golden, Discoverer, Business Objects or SAS.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve issues and problems.
- Knowledge of the link between analysis and business impact.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUMIF function, vlookup/hlookup, conditional formatting, pivot tables and "if" statements).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Willing to travel up to 5% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Accounting, Business Management, Economics, or Finance.
- Experience using SAP Business Objects, IBM Cognos, Oracle BI EE, R, SAS, SPSS, APT or similar technologies
- Proven business applications of utilizing statistical concepts.
- Master's Degree/MBA
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.