SENIOR ANALYST ENTERPRISE CONTRACTING
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Location: Piscataway Township, New Jersey
Posted: March 01, 2017
Reference ID: 2312170215-en-us
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. is currently recruiting for a Senior Analyst, Enterprise Contracting & Solutions (ECS), within the U.S. Region Enterprise Contracting & Solutions (ECS) organization located in Piscataway, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. provides account management and customer support services to key health care customers, including hospital systems and group purchasing organizations (GPOs), leading health plans, pharmacy benefit managers, and government health care institutions. The company also provides contract management, logistics and supply chain functions for the major Johnson & Johnson franchises.
Johnson & Johnson Customer & Logistics Services (CLS) is a global Supply Chain organization that supports operating units across all of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. CLS strives to deliver an exceptional customer experience through leading critical customer facing-functions such as distribution and transportation. In addition, CLS oversees critical business enablers, including how we gather and manage supply chain master data, safe and secure supply chain practices, product identification standards, and market/channel access capabilities. CLS supports all three sectors of Johnson & Johnson: Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, and Consumer Products. This team is represented in multiple countries, and continues to grow globally in both visibility and responsibility. The CLS team reports to Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain and partners closely with groups throughout the supply chain organization.
The Enterprise Contracting & Solutions (ECS) team is responsible for the development, negotiation, and execution of agreements with Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs), National and Regional Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs), Distributors and Consolidated Service Centers (CSCs), and emerging Customer models (aggregators, cooperatives, coalitions, etc.). Enterprise Agreements developed by the IDN contracting team include: Master Supply and Consignment Agreements for IDNs and Regional GPOs, Consolidated Service Center (CSC) Agreements and Distributor Agreements (including affiliate term sheets), e-Sourcing Assessment and Control Team (eACT) Master eCommerce Agreements, Vendor Agreements, and emerging Customer model agreements. The National GPO contracting team also takes the lead on coordinating Request for Proposal (RFP) submissions from gathering data requirements and formatting per National GPO standards through submission via National GPO tools/platforms. Lastly, the team includes the Customer Contracting Solutions (CCS) service team who provides answers to contract inquiries from customers and business partners and track issue trends for continuous process improvement.
The Senior Analyst Enterprise Contracting & Solutions will specifically work with and support and manage the contracting needs across the National GPO Contract Development Teams. Support includes leading all aspects of the Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposal (RFP) processes for assigned National GPOs. The Senior Analyst will also be responsible for executing all processes related to contract development including drafting of contract documents, negotiations (with smaller GPOs or Customers), timely and accurate validation of GPO and IDN rosters, entering contract data, and document retention. In addition, the Senior Analyst will manage the National GPO Sharepoint site and Contract Activity Manager (CAM) team activity tracking tool and run periodic ECS metrics reports derived from CAM.
• Running of quarterly activity metrics for National GPO Team from CAM (Contract Activity Manager) Excel tool and ensuring accuracy before publishing for planning and reporting.
• Management of weekly GPO roster/customer eligibility report and distribution to business partners, as applicable.
• Provide expertise and guidance to ensure that all contracting guidance and compliance requirements are met.
• Frequent communications with various levels of the Contract Strategy & Management (CSM) organization, various functional areas throughout Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. (JJHCS) (such as Regional Processing Center, Finance, IT, Supply Chain, US Commercial Programs Legal Group, etc.) and Account Management and Contracting Departments at the Operating Companies.
• Work proactively with all contracting functions to ensure offers can be implemented efficiently and effectively.
• Lead the resolution of contracting issues.
• Partner with Operating Companies in the development of contracting strategies.
• Lead key departmental projects by developing and utilizing in-depth knowledge of business processes and systems, as well as project management skills.
• Regularly communicate to keep associates, peers and management informed of project status, process changes and opportunities.
• Proactively identify opportunities to drive and implement improvement processes or policies that will positively impact internal efficiencies or the customer experience.
• Ensure that all pertinent activities are logged in departmental tracking tool in a consistent and accurate manner.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required (preferably in a Business area).
• Master’s degree, MBA or advance certification is preferred.
• Minimum of four (4) years total overall business experience is required.
• Minimum of two (2) years in contracting and/or experience in the healthcare industry is preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Advanced skills in MS Excel (v-lookup, pivot tables, macros, etc.) is required.
• Contracting and supporting systems (e.g. Model N, MDM,) experience is preferred.
• Able to facilitate / lead the accomplishment of objectives is required.
• Lean / Six Sigma /Process Excellence experience, training and/or certification is preferred.
• Customer-focused, with the ability to establish mutually beneficial objectives, clarify roles and accountabilities with business partners is required.
• Able to constructively challenge the current state of affairs by surfacing ideas for new approaches and improvement is required.
• Able to articulate business situations clearly and accurately, address and resolve issues by communicating difficult information tactfully and diplomatically is required.
• Self-starter with excellent analytical and problem solving skills, as well as organizational and prioritization skills is required.
• Detail oriented while being able to provide strategic thinking and perspectives is required.
• Able to work and succeed in a team-oriented environment is required.
• Assuming personal ownership and accountability for business results and solutions is required.
• Experience collaborating with and supporting multiple business units or sectors is required.
• Experience in leading departmental and/or cross company/cross functional projects is preferred.
• Self-starter who can work with minimum supervision in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
• This position will be located in Piscataway, NJ and may require up to 10% domestic travel.
United States-New Jersey-Piscataway
Johnson & Johnson HCS Inc. (6077)