Global Investment Manager Analysis (GIMA) performs investment due diligence on third party investment managers. This position is for a Senior Analyst, with an emphasis on equity-oriented asset managers and strategies. The Analyst will be responsible for identifying and providing a high level of research coverage on a universe of Mutual funds and separately managed accounts (SMAs). This involves meeting with investment personnel - CIOs, portfolio managers, analysts, and senior business professionals, and assessing such areas as their overall business, personnel, investment strategy, process, characteristics, and performance. The Analyst will be required to present their opinions to senior management of GIMA.
The Analyst will be responsible for creating and updating research reports, collecting and analyzing data, such as product performance, risk statistics, product characteristics and qualitative data, including Requests for Informantion (RFIs), ADVs, and pitchbooks. They will also be a key person for the quarterly reporting process which includes gathering data from investment managers and internal sources, and populating research reports, sector summaries and attribution reports. This role will also require the Analyst to take initiative and responsibility to drive tasks forward.
Qualifications • Solid knowledge of financial markets, as well as the asset management industry, including products and trends
• Excellent communication skills, specifically writing and presentation skills
• Comfortable interacting with senior personnel internally as well as from third party investment management firms
• Team player with a strong work ethic and high level of maturity
• Attention to detail
Experience • Several years of experience performing securities analysis, credit analysis, or investment research/due diligence on investment managers
• Bachelor's degree (preferably in Business Administration, Finance, or Economics)
• 5 years of experience in the financial services industry
• MBA or CFA, or progress towards one of the two
• Series 7 and 63
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.