Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Senior Analyst will participate in the design and support the implementation and communication of the Company's executive and broad-based compensation strategy, plans, policies and programs to ensure alignment with overall business strategy and external peers.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Compensation and Benefits Committee Meetings
- Responsible for supporting the preparation of Board meeting materials and related tasks including meeting scheduling and coordination, meeting minutes and delivery of materials to Committee members via board portal
- Business Unit Support
- Prepare compensation assessments, recommendations and related analysis for the Company's broad-based and executive populations
- Assist with compensation surveys, dashboards and other ad-hoc analyses
- Compensation Programs
- Perform comprehensive data analysis, drawing conclusions from findings and making recommendations for change.
- Proactively monitor trends and regulatory developments in the pharmaceutical and general industry that impact the Company's executive and broad-based compensation programs.
- Track all equity grant activity to ensure compliance with approval and grant issuance processes
- Use internal/external legal partners to review and maintain all LTI plan documentation including terms and conditions globally
- Manage annual enrollment and ongoing contributions processes for Deferred Compensation Plan including the determination of eligibility, communication and coordination with outside vendor, payroll and IT
- Executive Compensation Benchmarking and Competitive Analysis
- Manage the annual benchmarking process, including identifying the best survey partners for the business while leveraging existing contracts/relationships
- Review executive positions and survey matches and validate with HR team where required
- Prepare the annual competitive analysis for the top 250 executives
- Identify and complete flash annual and other practice-based surveys to obtain market intelligence on the practices of our competitors with a particular focus on long-term incentives globally
- Prepare annual compensation statements and tally sheets
- Proxy/External Reporting
- Responsible for supporting the preparation of the CD&A (Compensation Discussion & Analysis) within the Company's annual proxy statement as well as related compensation and benefits disclosures
- Special Projects
- Support special projects including due diligence and M&A support
- Minimum 6 years work experience in HR, compensation, finance, accounting or consulting, with at least 2 years as an analyst. (With a Master's degree, 4 years relevant experience required).
- Strong results orientation and attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to understand the business
- Basic knowledge of SEC and proxy advisory policies and practices
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement