More information about this job:OVERVIEW:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco. POSITION SUMMARY:
The Financial Analyst II - Financial Operations is responsible for assisting department management as directed in ensuring proper financial controls are in place to confirm that all Business Technology (BT) related financial transactions are properly planned, approved and reflected in SYSCO'S financial statements. The Senior Business Analyst will assist in the coordination of budgets, forecasting, tracking and reporting/explaining significant variations from those budgets. Other responsibilities will include assisting in the development of processes and procedures for all related BT financial processes including asset tracking, invoicing, financial reporting, project portfolio management, etc. This position will also assist and contribute in the preparation and tracking of the overall BT department profit plan and assist each of the BT groups with their portion of the plan. Additionally, this position will work closing with the BT Purchasing group to ensure financial transactions are properly recorded for all purchases made. The overall goal is accurate, transparent financial reporting, and improved analysis leading to improved financial results. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in the formulation of departmental budgets including consolidation and justification
- Assists in the preparation of the monthly financial package
- Performs financial analysis
- Performs account reconciliations
- Performs monthly forecasting for assigned accounts
- Prepares monthly operating company bill-backs
- Prepares journal entries and accrual entries for submission to corporate accounting
- Enters and maintains information in SAP Project Systems related to capturing, classifying and controlling project expenses
- Works with BT Project Managers and Property Accounting to ensure capital assets are placed in service at the appropriate time
- Assists with Annual Operating Plan as needed
- Identify trends, risks, and make suggestions for intervention/opportunities.
- Assists in enhancing, implementing, and enforcing policies and procedures by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness.
- Assists in furnishing internal reports, revising and updating reports to be more useful and efficient, and external reports as necessary.
- Provides technical financial advice and knowledge and methods of continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Fosters strong communications and teamwork between division finance, operating groups and corporate staff.
- Conducts training surrounding financial procedures, standards, etc. as required.
- Prepares materials to ensure timely, accurate analysis, and interpretation.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned or requested by management.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or a related field.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in an accounting or finance role. Experience in an I.T. environment is a plus.
- Strong understanding of standard accounting practices (GAAP).
- Strong understanding of and ability to perform financial analysis.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Candidate must be a "hands on" individual.
- Candidate must be highly self-motivated.
- Ability to handle multiple priority assignments.
- Clear, focused, and succinct verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to work under strict deadlines, department policy, procedures and budget constraints.
- Strong analytical skills along with logical and systematic thought processes.
- Extremely strong skills and knowledge regarding Microsoft Excel. Strong skills and knowledge with MS PowerPoint. Experience with Visio, Access and/or MS Project a plus.
- Experience with SAP software a plus
- Ability to interface satisfactorily with all levels of management
- Travels when required to fulfill tasks assigned
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunityis available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
A little about us: