The Sr. Analyst, GSI - I&P, will play an important role within GSI’s I&P Team, this individual will be provide integrated insights and understanding for
the existing innovation pipeline as well as work closely with the marketing, R&D and Insights teams to help identify unmet needs for future development.
This role will have strong relationships with Strategic Marketing and R&D teams and will be expected to focus on key brand issues and growth opportunities and provide inputs into product planning decisions. He/she will work closely with the I&P GSI Team, to combine expertise in research with the understanding of impact that insights can play in both marketing, business model, and product innovation/development by representing the voice of the consumer and eyecare professional.
The Sr. Analyst GSI – I&P, needs to have the ability to distill marketing questions/problems to define research objectives, recommend research methodologies (with exposure to both quantitative & qualitative approaches), have had prior experience in interpreting data with the ability to translate data to actionable recommendations and a high level of comfort managing external supplier relationships.
- Evaluate business questions to appropriately develop, shape and deliver integrated learning plans for I&P projects, by identifing knowledge gaps and prioritizing key business questions through syndicated or primary research.
- Consult with Marketing, I&P, R&D, Clinical Teams and development project leaders on product and consumer/professional (ECPs) issues in order to identify opportunities and evaluate risks to the introduction of new products into the marketplace to help build a robust innovation pipeline.
- Prepare research brief after distilling marketing questions/problems by defining research objectives, develop & recommend appropriate research methods to answer specific research objectives with strong knowledge of research design (quantitative & qualitative techniques).
- Interpret and integrate research data, draw conclusions/implications and translate into actionable business decision recommendations.
- Work closely with GSI I&P team, by presenting to management as related to product performance, product claims, product testing and/or changing business environment during the new product development process.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- 2+ years experience in marketing research or related field with a Master’s degree or 3+ years experience in marketing research or related field with a Bachelor’s degree.
- Management skills inclusive of solid communication, interpersonal, strategic/analytical and problem-solving skills as well as a developed understanding and application of principles, concepts and practices of marketing research. Strong analytical skills; in-depth knowledge of the broad range of commonly used research techniques; extensive knowledge of MS Office applications; solid project management skills.
Demonstrated success in leadership competencies, creative problem solving and team partnership skills; excellent interpersonal, verbal and written presentation skills; ability to interact with a variety of suppliers and customers (marketing, sales, finance, information management).
BS Degree and enrolled in a Masters Program with a 2017 graduation date. Primary Location
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)Job Function