The Senior Analyst, HR Operations Global Mobility Services has an important role in our effort to deliver best-in-class services to assignees and strategic partners involved in PepsiCo's Global Mobility function. The individual in this role is responsible for many of the core processes that are at the foundation of Global Mobility Services. This individual has a key role in our mission to assigning the right people, in the right place, at the right time, in the right way...and for the right investment.
International assignments are critical to PepsiCo's business growth and talent strategies. Through these assignments, PepsiCo is able to deploy its best talent against its most important business priorities and develop a truly global workforce to maintain its competitive advantage. The Global Mobility function is responsible for developing and maintaining a comprehensive approach to create a positive experience for employees and families during the international assignment.
The Global Mobility function offers several forms of international assignment support that allow PepsiCo businesses to make the right decision about how to invest in international assignments according to the business and/or development value they represent. Main Purpose:
This position within the HR Operations Global Mobility (GM) Services function will provide ongoing operational support to the GM team as well as compliance and reporting support. This position will partner with GM external providers (ie Deloitte, AirInc, PwC, Urbanbound, etc) and appropriate PepsiCo work stream leads, i.e. Business Information Solutions (BIS), to support the operation of the Global Mobility administration tools, ensure proper issue escalation documentation, issue research and resolution, and process improvement. In addition, this role will provide support in the preparation of international assignment cost projections and global compensation reporting.
Accountabilities: Operational Support:
Compliance and Reporting:
- Develop, implement and own ongoing maintenance of the PepsiCo Global Mobility support tools and escalation models.
- Provide on-going education to work stream and divisional leads on Global Mobility issue resolution and escalation processes.
- Serve as escalation point for Global Mobility tools.
- Partner with BIS to ensure upgrades and/or releases of the tools are properly administered and documented by outside vendor.
- Responsible for data maintenance, change requests, process improvement, issue resolution.
- Perform other duties in support of projects and requirements as needed.
Key interactions internally:
- Review and validate quarterly compensation used to prepare Global Mobility assignees' income tax returns to mitigate risk of under reporting to avoid significant penalties and to ensure post tax year adjustments (W-2 corrections) are minimized and respond to PwC Inquiries for compensation (quarter FCC).
- Develop assignment cost projections for international assignments, bi-annually as well as manage ad hoc requests.
- Ensure excess tax reconciliation payments are made and tracked for each employee, including refunds from employees, follow-up with the employee or third party advisers for payment.
- Main interactions within and outside organization /External and Internal Environmental Factors
Key interactions externally:
- Liaising with Relocation Team, Business Information Solutions, Exec Comp and Payroll
- Global tax advisors
- International assignment allowance vendors
- Payroll providers
- International Assignment Management systems vendor
The role will require the individual to stay abreast of the tax and Social Security changes in the key locations where PepsiCo operates.Qualifications/Requirements
- Bachelor degree or related experience required
- 4+ years' experience in global mobility, preferably with some financial / tax/ technical background.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels and functions of the organization and with 3rd party vendors
- Strong demonstrated analytical skills and experience with global HR Systems - exposure to expat processing a plus.
- Effective problem solving skills, high degree of initiative with a quality focus and strong attention to detail with minimal day-to-day supervision
- Ability to proactively identify potential or actual risks and issues, propose solutions and highlight concerns to leadership
- Ability to prioritize and handle a high volume of requests
- Strong verbal, written communication and organizational skills
- Highly technical and risky area that requires advanced knowledge in international taxation (individual and corporate), international employment and immigration laws; missteps could lead to negative PR, business expulsion and jail terms for assignee and family
- More than $100 million investment via 500+ international assignments in more than 50 countries
- Flexibility to work off hours on a regular basis in order to serve and communicate with clients as required
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.