Eaton’s Lighting Solutions Division business is seeking a Senior Analyst, Outdoor Product Specialist. This position will be based at our Peachtree City, GA location.
This position supports the Outdoor product marketing and sales teams in product development, product maintenance, technical support, product training and project management of key projects aligned to Outdoor’s near and long-term product and controls strategies. This position is responsible for applying the appropriate product and lighting knowledge, skills, tools and techniques required to effectively communicate and document required deliverables as needed. Will be the first point of contact for internal and external customers that cannot be supported by customer service and technical support teams.
The Senior Analyst acts as the outdoor segment and application expert and works closely with Product Management, NPD Engineering, Optical Engineering and Program Management in the development of optical specifications for new and existing products to ensure we maintain our performance leadership. This includes assisting with managing, maintaining and benchmarking photometrics, key specification and features existing and key new competitive products. Additional responsibilities include management of existing IES databases, DLC certifications, technical updates to LED upgrades and platform updates in relation to support materials, etc. The Senior Analyst helps to drive growth by supporting sales and application teams on major project designs as needed, including photometric design to leverage our competitive advantages to the fullest.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- First point of contact for agents, sales and customer service teams if our technical support teams are unable to assist and provide the necessary guidance
- Assist with optical specifications for NPD and existing portfolio enhancements, includes managing the testing and validation with optical and marketing teams during PROLaunch
- Manage and maintain competitive benchmarking of key competitors’ products performance, features, pricing, etc. vs. our current portfolio and NPD specifications
- Assist product marketing with prioritizing and creation of white papers and case studies with the Marketing Communications teams
- Provide added photometric layout assistance on large or critical jobs if agent or applications team needs additional support, can include detailed competitive review for bids and specs
- Assist the product marketing teams with Marcom related launch and support materials, including photometric tables, technical specifications, final IES file approval, technical maintenance of existing materials, etc.
- Help with product training of both internal and external customers; this can include the development and maintenance of training tools, presentations, competitive reviews, etc. for use in the Source, tradeshows, training events, sales calls with customers as required, etc.
- Help to maintain the integrity of our IES databases; including website files, AGI Instabase, TM-21, LM-80 & LM-79 documentation, DLC qualified product listing, delistment maintenance, etc.
- Project manage key special projects as defined by the Outdoor marketing teams to further support our near and long-term strategic goals
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year of photometric application support (AGI32 and Photometric Toolbox)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Strong PC skills including Windows and Microsoft Office
- Strong ability to create and present technical content
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with customers via the phone, e-mail, presenting and other written and verbal communication mediums
- Desire to actively contribute to the group’s success, strong work ethic and flexibility
- Comprehensive knowledge of lighting applications and photometrics
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) from an accredited institution
- 5 years of experience in the lighting industry, outdoor/exterior lighting and controls preferred
- Strong competency in LED products and controls technology
- Experience in new product development or technical program/project management
- New product commercialization experience
- Marketing and collateral development, including specification and technical writing
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.