What you’ll be doing...
This position spans multiple functional areas critical for operational success in the consumer sales channel including Business Intelligence, Technical Development and Project Management. You’ll be using data analytics to drive continuous business improvements, bringing more profitable growth and an even better customer experience.
- Make data-driven recommendations to senior leaders on operational strategy, providing the intelligence necessary to resolve business critical issues and prevent future roadblocks.
- Own the continued improvement of Resource Allocation and Acquisition processes and available resources, including systems, dashboards and reporting.
- Collaborating on enterprise Business Transformation projects - providing market SME feedback and technical expertise (both data sourcing and analytics).
- Design and deploy SQL-driven business analytics dashboards and mobile-first solutions.
- Support both front and back end development of the Resource Management System (RMS) for Consumer Sales Staffing, including both desktop and mobile environments
- Partner with IT and DBAs on planned system and database updates, with the short-term goal of deploying RMS to all markets, and long-term goal of transitioning resource to an integrated framework of related systems and tools.
- Drive the planning and implementation of cross-functional strategic projects, including presenting to and incorporating feedback from senior leadership in sales, operations, marketing, finance and human resources.
- Manage and execute large-scale initiatives at the market level, coordinating and supporting members of multiple workgroups.
- Stimulate high quality output from other team members, and help establish a collaborative culture across teams.
What we’re looking for...
You're both a left-brain and right brained thinker with the ability to develop creative solutions to business roadblocks. You also have top notch quantitative skills necessary to analyze data and build effective strategy. You constantly come up with process improvements and are motivated by the impact you have on the business. You thrive in an environment where you are managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment where new challenges come up every day but you are organized so no balls are dropped. You view problems as puzzles you’d like to solve.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Business operations experience.
- Teradata SQL experience.
- Experience in reporting or analytics.
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI or other analytical tools.
- Experience in HTML/CSS or other front-end languages.
Even better if you have:
- Masters of Business Administration.
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, expertise in Excel.
- Project Management experience.
- Experience with SQL Server Data Warehousing.
- Experience with front-end application development.
- Experience in systems integration and management.
- Experience in automation through VBA and SQL.
- The ability to multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
- A passion for process improvement and automation.
- A drive for self-improvement.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.