Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you'll find yourself in the company of some of the industry's smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Senior Analyst, Security Operations Center (SOC) Engineering & Development Job Description
The Discover Security Intelligence & Incident Response Team (SIIRT) is looking for qualified professionals to join our ranks. Comprised of several sub-teams, Discovers SIIRT group oversees all information security detection, response, and intelligence efforts for the enterprise.
SIIRT is currently in search of a senior associate to help launch our newest area, Security Platform Engineering & Development. This new group will oversee the primary data, incident, and analytic platforms that form the backbone of our cybersecurity operations. In addition to designing, building and maintaining the platform, the Security Platform Engineering & Development group will work closely with other internal cybersecurity teams to develop new tools and methodologies for detecting and investigating security incidents. To achieve these goals, we have a world-class array of data-driven technologies at our disposal. We utilize an innovative blend of commercial and home-grown solutions to ensure the best possible tools are deployed to meet our analysts' needs.
As we continue to build out our detective platforms and capabilities, were looking for new team members to join us in guarding our enterprise as the last and ultimate line of defense. Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee the primary data, incident, and analytic platforms for Discovers Security Operations Center and related cybersecurity teams
- Partner with other members of the Security Platform Engineering & Development team to analyze new tools and technologies to empower our analysts and incident responders
- Full-lifecycle development and support of home-grown security tools and solutions
- Integration and upkeep of various datasets to ensure data streams are accessible and data quality is maintained
- Analysis, monitoring, and reporting of platform operational health and stability
- Creation of visualizations and telemetry to accurately depict operational status and increase situational awareness
- Maintaining documentation of tools, logic, policies, and procedures
- Serving as a lead on team projects and providing guidance to more junior team members
- Acting as a representative of the team for larger company projects and initiatives
Skills Required Skills:
- 3-5 years of experience in an engineering or security-related role
- Experience with big data platforms (Splunk, Hadoop, Elastic stack, etc.)
- Previous experience creating and/or supporting tools and platforms for an operations-centric team
- Exceptional organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Experience in leading large-scale long-term projects
- The ability to think creatively to find elegant solutions to complex problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The desire to work both independently and collaboratively with a larger team
- A willingness to be challenged along with a strong appetite for learning
- Previous experience with big data analytics
- Hands-on experience with common security technologies (SIEM, IDS, Firewall, WAF, etc.)
- Experience with common computer forensic tools
- Knowledge of common security threats, attack vectors, vulnerabilities and exploits
- Working knowledge of common operating systems and basic endpoint security principles
- Knowledge of common networking services and protocols
- Knowledge of data science, data visualization, mathematics, and/or statistics
- Prior experience in a large-scale enterprise
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Security or related/equivalent educational or work experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.