Senior Analyst, US Pharmacy Insights (Job Number: 019367)
Digital & Marketing Corporate Office - 36 S WABASH AVE STE 410
36 S WABASH AVE STE 410
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Enables data-driven insights from historical and current retail pharmacy business activity. Helps business partners understand drivers and drags on retail pharmacy business performance. Job Responsibilities
- Enables enable data-driven insights from historical and current retail pharmacy business activity. Helps business partners understand drivers and drags on retail pharmacy business performance, such as:
- Learn internal data systems; develop foundational technical skills
- Query various internal databases to create analytical data sets which support project work; includes data cleaning
- Review analytical data sets to ensure figures are consistent with business performance metrics
- Formulating hypotheses and performing data analysis
- Presenting results to internal team; develop findings
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partner analysts to execute project work
- Client relationship management
- Develop business implications and recommendations
- Ensures that problematic issues for key initiatives are tracked, summarized and presented to management. Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Collaborates and shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes and operational efficiencies. Interacts with internal and external peers to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced business solutions/initiatives.
- Works on variable-sized project and may lead some aspects of project work streams, as necessary. Ensures project initiatives are completed within budget and on time to meet client's needs.
- Communicates effectively and tailors communications appropriately to different audiences.
- Builds knowledge and understanding of the specified area and works with internal/external resources to build confidence in partners and build own abilities within area of responsibility.
- Mentors less experienced team members. May participate in teaching and training members of the work team.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Economics, or Finance and at least 3 years of experience with SAS or SQL and data management, or High School Diploma/GED and at least 6 years of experience with SAS or SQL and data management
- Experience with statistical software packages such as SAS, SPSS, and R.
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with statistical concepts, data mining and data cleaning techniques.
- Experience with MS Office Suite.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience communicating both verbally (on phone, one-on-one, to groups) and in writing (emails, letters, reports, presentations) to various audiences (work group and team).
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's Degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Economics, or Finance.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals in the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Knowledge of general business trends and requirements in support of a major business area such as Marketing, Merchandising, Healthcare, Ecommerce, Corporate Innovation, Finance, and Operations.
- Knowledge of the link between analysis and business impact.
- Experience developing presentations for various audience levels within an organization.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.