Bachelors in Chemistry with at least 4 years of pharmaceutical experience in analytical methods development, transfer, and testing, with a focus on drug products
Excellent Communication skills required
4 - 8 years experience is preferred, and Masters Degree
Experience with HPLC and other Chromatographic techniques.
Experience with development & optimization of parenteral and oral-solid dosage forms in a GLP/GMP environment is preferred
Experience leading cross-functional projects across matrix lines is also preferred
Experience working on an independent study or relevant internship
• To progress analytical aspects of projects, utilizing their technical expertise as part of a product development team. Conduct duties as listed below plus any other tasks as requested by team leader or departmental director.
• May perform quality control testing
Key Results (Principal Accountabilities)
• Executes experiments based on established protocols and implements improvements with supervision.
• Identifies and begins to interpret any problems in the execution of experimental processes and/or in results and communicates them to supervisor.
• Operates laboratory equipment independently (but with due regard for GMP and Safety).
• Performs data management tasks including recording results effectively in a lab notebook or computer with minimal supervision (i.e. tabulating and graphing results).
• Begins to proactively seek assistance from other scientists to solve problems.
• Maintains cleanliness in own work area and in communal work areas.
• Anticipates/recognizes potential problems with equipment and/or supplies, and initiates action to solve or prevent problems.
• Works to GMP standards as appropriate
• Follows safe Laboratory Practices.
• Is fully aware of safety requirements for his/her laboratory/working environment
• Attends regular safety training.
• Maintains accurate and complete safety records consistent with company policy and legal requirements.
• Recognizes potential safety problems and takes action to rectify them.
• Perform appropriate Quality Control activities, including-
• Performing analytical testing to support release or rejection of intermediate, bulk and finished products by Quality Assurance
• Developing and proposing stability protocols.
• Developing and proposing specifications, sampling instructions, test methods and other Quality Control procedures.
• Monitoring any contract analytical testing
• Checking the maintenance of premises and equipment.
• Proposing validation protocols and performing appropriate validation of analytical methods.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.