Position Summary: If you are passionate about making a difference in the work you do, being recognized for your talent and expertise in solving complex and challenging analytical/data problems while contributing to the success of key strategic initiatives, consider growing your career with a Fortune 10 healthcare leader!
As a member of the Analytic Development organization you will be responsible for the design, development and delivery of analytic solutions. You will collaborate with business partners from product development and management, operations,finance, and marketing to demonstrate value of CVS Caremark products and services. You will enable data-driven strategic decision-making and identify opportunities for existing product improvement and new product development. Your experience will include translating business needs into analytic questions, using SAS and SQL to access data and develop Tableau dashboards. In this exciting role, you will design and conduct rigorous analyses of pharmacy claims, medical claims and other data translating your analytic findings for appropriate business and customer audiences.
Essential Job Functions:
· Collaborating with key internal and external stakeholders to gather and analyze needs and requirements;
· Designing and implementing robust analytic and reporting solutions to support the identified needs;
· Accessing data, designing summary data layers and constructing and manipulating large datasets to support planned analyses, using SAS, SQL and similar tools;
· Assessing existing available data, identifying data gaps, and collaborating with Data Strategy and business partners to develop approaches to closing the data gaps;
· Building dynamic dashboards using Tableau;
· Performing testing and validation of summary data layers and reporting tools to ensure the results match the expected outcome;
· Conducting analyses of the data, ranging from descriptive reports to univariate statistical analyses to regression modeling;
· Communicating complex technical subjects to technical and non-technical audiences, such as but not limited to training analytic and business users howto use summary data layers and reporting tools, including development of documentation and training materials
· Constructing and delivering written reports of the analytic findings ina variety of formats (reports, PPT), including visualization of data and findings, formulate recommendations, and effectively presenting the results to non-analytic audiences;
· Tailoring analytic solution to the specific client needs and constraints of delivery timelines;
· Applying creativity in developing analytic solutions based on available data sources, and in representing analytic findings in reports, tools, and other media to support most effective translation and application of internal and external customers;
· Managing complex projects related to a wide variety of financial,utilization, and clinical business needs.
Minimum of 5 years* of experience in healthcare data analysis constructing analytical solutions to business problems, including experience with administrative claims data such as pharmacy or medical claims.
Minimum of 2 years of experience developing analytic and reporting methodology.
Minimum of 2 years of experience using SQL or SAS to access, extract, manipulate and summarize data.
Minimum of 1 year of experience working directly with business partners to understand the business needs and translating those needs into analytic solutions.
Minimum of 2 years of experience communicating complex technical subjects to non-technical audiences via both written and oral communication.
*Additional postgraduate education may count toward required years of experience
Preferred Qualifications:Independent, curious, eager to tackle a wide variety of problems, and able to quickly develop knowledge and understanding of new domains and underlying data sources.
Experience as a project lead with cross-functional teams to develop innovative analytic approaches leveraging all available internal and external data sources.
Excellent project management skills and ability to deliver in the fast-paced evolving environment.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Experience building Tableau dashboards to reflect business analytic needs.
Experience developing, testing, documenting and maintaining standardized outcome metrics meeting diverse business needs.
Experience developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining methodologies for standardized and repeatable reporting for internal and external audiences.
Ability to interact with and influence decision-making by non-analytical business audiences.
Experience in test-and-learn analytic concepts as applied to patient communications in a healthcare or related setting.
Working knowledge of statistical methods.
Education: Bachelor's degree is required.
Advanced degree in a qualitative field preferred.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/