Senior and Master Software Engineer – Security and Access Management
We are looking for intellectually curious and driven individuals to join our team of talented data engineers and create cutting-edge security and access management solutions for Capital One’s Cloud and on-premises data platforms.
On any given day you will:
- Drive the engineering of security and fine grained access controls in our emerging data platforms like AWS S3, Redshift, Kafka, HDFS
- Develop full stack applications to manage tokenization of sensitive data elements using technologies such as Spring Boot, Angular JS, Spark, REST API, Hive
- Develop solutions to enable auditing and data usage monitoring in our Cloud and on-premise platforms.
- Work directly with Product Owners and end-users to develop solutions in a highly collaborative and agile environment.
- Help grow and mentor team members on the fine art of data engineering and software abstractions
What we have:
- Flexible work schedules
- Convenient office location
- Generous salary and merit-based pay incentives
- A startup mindset with the wallet of a top 10 bank
- Monthly innovation challenges dedicated to test driving cutting edge technologies
- Your choice of equipment (MacBook/PC, iPhone/Android Device)
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in C, Java, or Scala
- At least 2 years of experience with Unix/Linux systems
- At least 2 years of scripting experience in Shell or Python
- At least 2 years of experience building data pipelines and fit for purpose data stores
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, advanced degree preferred
- At least 4 years of experience delivering analytical data warehouse solutions or fit for purpose data stores
- At least 2 years of experience working with AWS platforms and services
- At least 2 years of experience working with AngularJS or like frameworks
- At least 2 years of experience working with automated build and continuous integration systems
- Passion for learning, growing, and mentoring in a team environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.