What you’ll be doing...
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Android Developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits and will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of mobile applications for Verizon Technicians.
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work with outside data sources and API’s
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better, if you have:
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Five or more years of software development experience including, but not limited to, mature design, coding, testing and debugging skills.
- Five or more years of experience with Java, J2EE technologies & Application Servers.
- Five or more year of experience developing Android applications.
- Some IOS development experience or willingness to learn.
- Three or more years of experience in development of applications which use Oracle as the primary database of record.
- Three or more years of experience developing applications in a UNIX environment.
- Three or more years of experience with the development and extension of micro services.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.