343 Industries, the studio developing Halo games, is looking for a Senior Animation Engineer to join our team working on the next big Halo shooter experience. As a Senior Animation Engineer, you will help extend our animation feature set while supporting the development of new characters.
• Drive the design and implementation of core animation components.
• Collaborate with designers, animators, and AI engineers in the development of new character functionality.
• Develop and maintain high-quality code.
• Support the creation of compelling and engaging character experiences.
• 4+ years of professional animation programming experience.
• 5+ years of professional C++ experience.
Bonus Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Extensive knowledge of current animation systems and technologies.
• Experience developing data-driven systems.
• A passion for creating amazing AAA games.
• Comfortable working with large and complex codebases.
• Solid understanding of algorithms, performance, optimization, and debugging.
• Good 3D Math skills (linear algebra and trig).
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experience with facial animation systems.
• Experience building animation tools in the games (or related) industry.
• Experience developing multi-threaded systems.
• Experience with LUA or similar scripting systems.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.