At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
• Ranked 63 in Fortune 500
• Competitive Fortune 100, industry matched salaries and yearly merit increase
• Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT since 2009
• Named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" since 2010
• 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission's list of top performers on key quality measures.
• Meets with customer peers, and vendors regularly to define and resolve product or project problems and issues
• Analyzes business requirements, develops and evaluates alternatives, prepares approaches for complex programming systems or applications
• Major participation in systems software buy or build decisions
• Contributes to development of strategy and architecture
• Provides technical advice to management recommending approaches and solutions to complex problems
ANALYTICAL & CREATIVE:
• Analyzes objectives, solves problems, and develops requirements and proposals for programming systems. These activities require sophisticated business and technical expertise, extensive programming systems. These activities require sophisticated business and technical expertise, extensive programming and systems knowledge and considerable innovative ability
• Work may result in publication of technical papers
• Keeps technically current with changes and improvements within area of assignment or specialization, incorporating them where applicable
• Contributes to the development of new programming / analysis concepts and improvements of existing techniques
• Makes presentations frequently to management
• Provides technical advice to management and frequently participates an technical advisor and consultant in management decisions
• Represents company at technical conferences
• Recognized as an authority inside / outside own organization
• Must be able to understand the requirements of multiple departments, identify and negotiate tradeoffs to gain management agreement with proposed recommendations
• Attend technical meetings and conferences and representing views of company.
• Regularly participated in vendor discussions
• Meets with vendors resolving problems
MANAGERIAL RESPONSIBILITY :
• A staff position with major responsibility for programming guidelines interpretation relating to a significant program or project
• Provides and is accountable for technical direction to a group of professionals
• Recommends updates and enhancements to guidelines as necessary.
• Assignments have direct affects on cost and schedules of assigned programming systems
• Recommendations, designs, estimates and technical direction significantly affect project profit
• Accountable for completion of tasks within cost estimates and schedules
• Innovative solutions to problems affecting current and future profit through enhancement to or development of new or purchased programming systems
• Express new ideas and concepts in systems programming
• Interfaces with other projects / users operations and maintenance to understand requirements
• Develops plans schedules and time tables considering applications, languages, hardware and experiments required
• Estimates resources required for major large systems or subsystems
• Makes recommendations to management relative to large projects taking into consideration future problem areas
• Assist in the training and guidance of Support staff
• Translates major user requirements into major program modifications
• Analyzes and resolves major problems on major systems
• Presents status and technical alternatives on a regular basis to functional and senior management
• Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned
• Assists in disaster recovery
• Requires a knowledge of advanced technology, systems design and an overall understanding of advanced technology, systems design and an overall understanding of hardware technology, the development process and system design
• Bachelors or advanced degree or equivalent in Computer Science preferred (not required)
• Requires 8 years of related work experience, extensive professional systems and programming background
• Good communication and negotiation skills in order to interact with site peers, local management and executives on technical issues on project planning.
• Has demonstrated creativity in assignments and leadership
• Has made extensive use of improved programming analysis technology
College degree required, however in lieu of education experience may be substituted. College degree in Information Management or Computer Science and / or MCSD preferred.
7 years of experience is needed for a successful candidate.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom