At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Additional Facts:
Summary of Duties
- Ranked 63 in Fortune 500
- Competitive Fortune 100, industry matched salaries and yearly merit increase
- Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT since 2009
- Named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" since 2010
- 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission's list of top performers on key quality measures
The Senior Application Developer will act as the lead for the applications development team, coordinating development projects and resources to ensure quality applications are delivered on time following business owner specifications and HCA IT&S development standards.Duties Include But Are Not Limited To:
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Assists in developing, supporting, and maintaining database and other applications
- Leads the Applications Development Team by coordinating resources, ensuring business owner specifications and project development standards are met.
- Provides development team staff feedback to Director of Applications Services at performance review time
- Documents technical requirements by working with other developers and the business users
- Completes application development tasks assigned according to the project plan (if applicable) and communicates obstacles and status.
- Leads in developing prototypes / models and determining data sources (if applicable)
- Follows industry technical and development standards when developing database and web components.
- Executes application testing plans. Documents and resolves resulting defects.
- Facilitates system and user acceptance testing (as appropriate)
- Creates and maintains application documentation.
- Reviews and facilitates the analysis and executing of change requests and enhancements.
- Develops or follows appropriate change management controls to mitigate operational and financial risks.
- Actively participates in application design sessions.
- Provides technical guidance to business users, and application developers.
- Devises technical solutions to promote business activities.
- Coordinates routine application monitoring and maintenance as assigned.
- Trains service desk staff to support developed applications and provides second level support for those applications.
- Provides advanced technology solutions to end users
- Develops complex automation tools for end users using formal programming languages
- Creates advanced NPR reports
- Creates advanced reporting dashboards using standard reporting tools (SQL Server Reports, Crystal Enterprise, Xcelcius, ASP.net)
- Implements programs written by others for the Division
- Ensures programs are written to comply with current software standards
- Works to create a development strategy for development in the Division
- Works with Division Directors to prioritize project portfolio
- Participates as needed in the enterprise development community.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement.
- Other duties as assigned
- Follows industry development standards and change control processes. Actively builds technical knowledge by taking advantage of internal team mentoring and attending professional development opportunities.
- Communicates clearly and concisely (oral and written) at the appropriate level for the business users.
- Customer Orientation
- Establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Tactical Execution
- Demonstrates personal ownership of tasks and follows through to get the required results in the established timeframe.
- Technical Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or related degree preferred. Equivalent work experience may substitute degree requirement.
- Minimum 10 years Information Technology experience including database and other application design and development along with prior DBA experience required.
- Minimum 5 years experience leading development teams
- Experience with HCA database and systems preferred.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom