At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Senior Application Development Engineer for the Industrial Adhesives & Tapes Division (IATD), located in Maplewood, Minnesota. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Senior Application Development Engineer
will drive new applications utilizing the amazing portfolio of tapes and adhesives offered by IATD. This position will provide technical application development engineering support to drive growth by driving new Building and Construction Market growth. Work includes engaging with customers, field sales and marketing to provide technical expertise including; driving application development, creating technical information development, gaining customer specific needs/opportunities/insights and performing application characterization. This position will also have responsibility for developing new applications as well as working to maintain existing customer related applications. IATD is an ISO/TS certified lab. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Driving core and new product penetration into Industrial Tapes and Adhesives Building and Construction Market.
- Deep understanding of customer processes, industry standards, industry trends, and new applications.
- Developing new application solutions aligned to customer needs.
- Creating new application demonstration tools
- Training customers, sales reps and international colleagues.
- Travel (25%-35% travel) to U.S. customer locations and may include International travel.
- Strong collaboration with product development, marketing and field sales.
- Ability to engage with field sales to provide technical understanding and training of the process and applications relating to customers and markets.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of two (2) years application engineering experience in a laboratory environment
Location: Maplewood, MN Travel: May include up to 35% domestic/internationalRelocation: Is authorized
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years previous Application Development, Technical Service and/or customer facing technical experience
- Experience in the Building and Construction market a distinct plus
- Engineering design and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Customer engagement experience.
- Strong collaboration skills
- Excellent skills in technical presentations
- Microsoft Office proficient
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without a sponsorship for employment visa status (e.e. H1B status).
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.