Our Mission Critical Program has an opening for a Senior Application Engineer in Raleigh NC.
Position Overview :
Eaton Corporation is one of the largest and most experienced industrial service organizations in North America. With more than 700 highly trained professionals in 80 engineering service locations throughout the U.S. and Canada, Eaton Corporation has a complete local, national, and international capability, to provide a full range of electrical and mechanical equipment services. This broad range of service capabilities has established EESS as the leader in the engineering service industry.
EESS provides a unique capability when you are faced with a major capital project or expansion of your electrical power system. Our division organization, with technical and professional experts on utility and industrial power systems, provides a vast resource from which to draw on in staffing your project. Years of division experience as an electrical equipment manufacturer and engineering service provider in industrial and utility plant environments uniquely qualifies EESS to handle turnkey projects where it is imperative to provide an efficient cost-effective installation while meeting or exceeding design requirements.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Interpret project specifications and provide detailed specification responses, including assisting Sales with technical proposals/bid packages
- Create proposals for projects <$1M and LOAs to be reviewed for all projects.
- Be a liaison for the Mission Critical business to Customers, UPS plants, Inside Sales, and Large Systems support groups.
- Support for customized UPS requirements and pricing.
- Review mission critical proposals for correct BOM and content.
- Review orders upon receipt for to assure accuracy
- Interface with Project Execution team for gear applications and order summary information
- Provide technical assistance (including warranty request) after order receipt & interface with the plant and global services as necessary
- Act as a Project Manager for small projects that primarily do not include required site visits and support the customer/installer remotely.
- Prepare UPS electronic submittals for customer orders as necessary (paper copies as required)
- Participate in the financial development and approval of cost estimates for proposals with bid team. Owner of the profitability of projects.
- Develop SOV and assist project engineers and finance with analysis of VSOE
- Assist project team with maintaining an accurate set of project documents.
- Manage project purchasing functions (purchase requisitions) and engage buyers for quotation support from vendors.
- Communicate project schedule delays, impact on revenue in between project reviews to project engineers, coordinators, finance, and manager.
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technical from an accredited
- Minimum of 5 years electrical industry related
application engineering and proposal development experience
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company
- No relocation is provided. Only candidates that reside
within 50 miles of the locations listed will be considered
- This position
requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be
U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a
U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'),
Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Bachelors of Science in Industrial Engineering from an
- Six Sigma Certification
- Experience with proposal development in both private
sector and government bids; experience with proposal development for all
of Eaton's end markets (Industrial, Commercial, Healthcare, Utility,
Institutional and Government).
- Experience with government proposal procedures such as
technical and price proposal separation, reps and certifications, and
government evaluation factors.
- Experience in writing and reviewing subcontractor work
scopes and Subcontractor agreements; preferred experience with GSA
purchasing procedures; being able to evaluate proposals for specification
compliance; experience with risk evaluation and risk management.
- Estimating experience electrical system installations
Position Criteria :
- Strong focus on customer satisfaction
- Adept at successful project execution
- Strong experience to deliver technical solutions to customers.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to be flexible to adjust to changing project conditions.
- Strong computer skills
- Capable of multitasking and responding quickly on time sensitive requests.
- Pro-active to customer needs.
- Problem solving skills
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.