Senior Application Engineer
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
• Ranked 63 in Fortune 500
• Competitive Fortune 100, industry matched salaries and yearly merit increase
• Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT annually since 2009
• Named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" annually since 2010
• 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission's list of top performers on key quality measures.
This position is responsible for 1) Creating and maintaining Java development efforts within the ERP area; 2) Contributing to the architectural design of new project efforts; 3) Developing performance monitoring routines; and 4) Developing and maintaining standards for ERP developers and development efforts. The position will work closely with the Consulting Application Engineer in the area and will differentiate from that position by the technical difficulty of assignments and the amount of independence in leading efforts.
The position will work closely with other ERP developers and business analysts in HR, Payroll, Billing, AP Workflow, and General Ledger. In addition, the position will interface with IT&S management and project managers in contributing to efforts. Responsible for implementing automated processes for the Security team to reduce manual efforts and increase accuracy.
The position requires an in-depth development background, including but not limited to the following:
2) Experience in open source frameworks (e.g. Hibernate/N-Hibernate, Spring, Struts)
3) Experience in Web Service Development Technologies (SOAP/REST)
4) Knowledge of Unix/Linux/AIX operating system.
5) Knowledge and/or experience in developing performance monitoring routines.
6) To a lesser extent, knowledge of IT Security, such as LDAP, Active Directory, Single-sign-on technologies, as well as IBM WebSphere.
This position will use the above technologies to develop interfaces between systems, automate functions within ERP systems, and create tools for reducing manual efforts in the support and maintenance of ERP Systems. The position will also translate the business roles functional requirements into the software design/architecture and consequently the programming rules required to support the business needs. Interpersonal skills required to work with end users on the development of new business rules and problem resolution.
3 to 7 years
College Graduate - Preferred
Java Certification preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
Must be able to work in standard office environment, some on call work.