A leading national telecommunications, media and entertainment company, Altice USA delivers residential and business services to more than 4.6 million total customers across 20 states. Our 18,000 employees have an unwavering commitment to customers and to providing quality products and outstanding service.
Our philosophy is built around our commitment to our employees, community and customers. We are committed to providing employees with opportunities for growth and development, as well as an environment where your ideas will help us drive our business and create a more meaningful employee experience.
The company offers Optimum-branded digital cable television, high-speed Internet and voice services, as well as Optimum WiFi, the nation's most robust WiFi network, to residential and business customers across the New York Tri-State area.
The Senior Application Engineer is responsible for full application support in the provisioning stack. This entails maintaining and troubleshooting middleware and backend services running on Jboss, Weblogic, Tomcat, and Tibco software platforms. The applicant must have expertise at minimum two of these disciplines and be proficient working in a Unix/Linux environment. Applicant should also be able to troubleshoot any network or hardware related issues. The main responsibility of the Senior Engineer will be facilitating the migration of applications from the development area to Production Support. Once in the Production Support area you will accept responsibility for installing patches, automating deployments, writing monitoring rules and generating performance reports. You will also plan for any expansions or upgrades of software platforms with minimal downtime. The senior position will also mentor and train any new hires.
• Must have working knowledge in a Unix or Linux environment.
• Must be familiar with Jboss, Apache, Weblogic or Tibco BusinessWorks software.
• Oracle SQL knowledge a plus.
• Possess an ability to program in a scripting language (SQL,PL/SQL,PERL,BASH,PYTHON).
• Be able to document and track all problems and issues.
• Must possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Must have excellent communication skills and be able to work with other departments.
• More than 5+ years previous application troubleshooting/administration experience on multiple application platforms (Weblogic, Tibco, JBoss, Tomcat, iPlanet, Apache) and multiple operating systems (Unix, Linux, Windows, Citrix).
• Extensive prior knowledge/experience with application servers and database applications.
• Strong SQL skills and database expertise a plus.
• Degree in Computer Science, engineering, or equivalent work experience is required.
• Flexible working hours, 24 hour on-call systems support.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
A little about us:
Altice, a leading global communications company, has brought together Cablevision and Suddenlink.