Senior Application Developer, AWS
As a Capital One Senior Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
We have various openings that require a broad range of technical skills and experience. Our recruiting process will match you to the right role and level.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Knowledge/Experience in working in Amazon web services environment
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 5 years of experience in Application development
- At least 2 years experience in developing RESTful APIs using Spring, Hibernate or Jersey deploying on public cloud
- At least 2 years experience in one of the following Cloud technologies: AWS, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- At least 1 year experience in one of the following: RDBMS, SQL, MySQL, No-SQL, RDS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or DynamoDB
- Master's Degree
- 7+ years of experience programming in Java Application Development
- 4+ years experience of JAVA, JEE, RESTFUL APIs, Spring/Spring Boot, Hibernate, etc
- 2+ years experience in one of the following Cloud technologies: AWS, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- 3+ years experience with one of the following Web services like SOAP, REST and JSON and database technologies (MySQL, SQL)
- 2+ years experience of CI/CD and DevOps experience
- 2+ years experience in Agile practices
- Certified in one of the following: Java, Spring or AWS technologies
Capital One will not consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.