Job Description: BASIC FUNCTION
The Air Handling Unit Application Engineer is a recognized subject matter expert and authority at the Business Unit (BU) or site. Performs a full range of field commercial and technical support functions including assignments requiring special qualifications/attainments. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide commercial, competitive and technical application support to the field sales organization on all aspects of Custom and Standard Air Handling Units with minimal direction.
- Works with a small team of technical employees to provide articulate resolutions to the field selling organization requests for AHU project support with a strong emphasis on Basis if Design.
- Provide application training and project management, as required, on Air Handling Systems for the field sales organization.
- Support Customer Visits (factory tours) as necessary.
- Participate in testing of AHU selection and pricing software.
- Work with the Field Sales organization, manufacturing, engineering, and Customer Service to resolve Air Handling Unit order issues.
- Work with engineering to develop cost effective resolutions to unique Air Handling Unit applications.
- Assist Airside Technical Service with field application issues as necessary.
- Develop technical documents to support field sales on various areas of air handling application as necessary.
- Work with marketing to develop selection and pricing software requirements as necessary.
- Determine best techniques/procedures/theories and apply them to analysis, design and/or research of air handling products.
- Use complex problem-solving techniques requiring regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Review and analyze engineering rules and documents as necessary.
- Recommend cost savings and value engineering alternatives for Air Handling Units and systems.
- Provide technical direction for other engineers, drafters or technicians on specific work assignments.
- Be proficient at preparing, checking, and coordinating the release of documentation to support Custom and Standard Air Handling products.
- Be proficient and extrapolating ideas into product requirements and apply the philosophy of concurrent engineering with manufacturing process.
- Conduct feasibility studies and systems analysis for new applications as necessary.
- Strive for continuous improvement and teamwork in product development and processes.
#nextchapterJob Qualifications: QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
1. BS degree in Engineering (ABET accredited) or related science
2. Minimum of 10 years experience in related field.
3. Understanding of business principles for the business unit
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.