A Senior Applications Engineer primarily works with internal sales staff, internal branch offices, technical centers, as well as external Distributors, OEMs, contractors or end customers to make certain that product and configuration proposals meet the customer's application requirements.
With minimal supervision they are expected to:
• Determine appropriate solutions
• Participate in process improvement activities
• Communicate with a large and diverse audience with varying technical skill sets using both written and verbal communication
• Utilize an adaptive communication style to ask questions to understand the broader application in which Penn products are/will be used
• Quickly and accurately respond to customer questions and requests for product support.
• Product Application
o Works with internal Sales Staff, Branches, technical centers, as well as external Distributors, OEMs, contractors or end customers to make certain that product and configuration proposals meet the customer's application requirements.
• Technical Support
o Answer and respond to product selection, installation, proper operation, maintenance and repair of Penn products.
o Provide suggestions matching products and services that meet the customer's requirements.
o Explain product capabilities, code requirements, control programming.
o Create models, tools, and other work products that improve department efficiencies.
• Sample/Model Product Request Set Up/ Changes
o Support Sales Staff by vetting and processing requests for new or modifications to existing Penn products, including product obsolescence. Working with the Product Manager, Design Engineering, Production personnel and others, the Application Engineer checks any new or changed product for functionality, safety, fit to application and business case.
• Literature Review
o Review Penn product literature, including, but not limited to catalog pages, product bulletins, installation and operation instructions, and promotional material. Also assist in the formation of new product literature.
• Special Assignments as assigned by department manager or team leader.
• A well-rounded understanding of electronic controls and their application to HVAC/R equipment.
• Be proficient with understanding of standard thermodynamic cycle principals and their application to HVAC/R equipment.
• A thorough understanding of electrical design and troubleshooting as it applies electromechanical equipment and controls.
• Solid analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Demonstrated ability to influence others, to lead and participate in decision-making and to make effective presentations.
• Effective and professional communication and organization skills.
• Strong interpersonal and team skills
• Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related discipline to be determined by business needs.
• Minimum of four years field experience in HVAC/R, or industrial control applications.
• Highly motivated, self-starter who can efficiently operate in a team environment.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, providing product and application support as part of a telephone based call center.
• Strong problem solving skills. Effective use of logic, data, problem-solving tools, and analysis to understand and develop solutions.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.