What you will do:
A Senior Applications Engineer primarily works with internal sales staff, internal branch offices, technical centers, as well as external Distributors, OEMs, contractors or end customers to make certain that product and configuration proposals meet the customer's application requirements.
How you will do it:
- Determine appropriate solutions
- Participate in process improvement activities
- Communicate with a large and diverse audience with varying technical skill sets using both written and verbal communication
- Utilize an adaptive communication style to ask questions to understand the broader application in which Penn products are/will be used
- Quickly and accurately respond to customer questions and requests for product support.
- Works with internal Sales Staff, Branches, technical centers, as well as external Distributors, OEMs, contractors or end customers to make certain that product and configuration proposals meet the customer's application requirements.
- Answer and respond to product selection, installation, proper operation, maintenance and repair of Penn products.
- Provide suggestions matching products and services that meet the customer's requirements.
- Explain product capabilities, code requirements, control programming.
- Create models, tools, and other work products that improve department efficiencies.
- Sample/Model Product Request Set Up/ Changes.
- Support Sales Staff by vetting and processing requests for new or modifications to existing Penn products, including product obsolescence. Working with the Product Manager, Design Engineering, Production personnel and others, the Application Engineer checks any new or changed product for functionality, safety, fit to application and business case.
What we look for:
- Review Penn product literature, including, but not limited to catalog pages, product bulletins, installation and operation instructions, and promotional material. Also assist in the formation of new product literature.
- Special Assignments as assigned by department manager or team leader.
Who we are:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related discipline to be determined by business needs.
- Minimum of four years field experience in HVAC/R, or industrial control applications.
- A well-rounded understanding of electronic controls and their application to HVAC/R equipment.
- Be proficient with understanding of standard thermodynamic cycle principals and their application to HVAC/R equipment.
- A thorough understanding of electrical design and troubleshooting as it applies electromechanical equipment and controls.
- Solid analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others, to lead and participate in decision-making and to make effective presentations.
- Effective and professional communication and organization skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, self-starter who can efficiently operate in a team environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, providing product and application support as part of a telephone based call center.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Effective use of logic, data, problem-solving tools, and analysis to understand and develop solutions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran
status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com