**Requisition ID:** 26353BR
**Job Title:** Senior Application Programmer Analyst Database Development
**Division:** 2023: Information Technology
**Location:** 04225: Scottsdale-14400 N. 87th St
**Position Type:** Full-Time
**Exempt Status:** Exempt
The Senior Application Programmer/Analyst Database Development is responsible for designing, developing, testing and maintaining processes which facilitate the data integration and migration of transactional and master data between local SQL Server databases and other Republic Services’ systems. Data integration will require development of both near real-time and nightly batch ETL (extract/transform/load) jobs from disparate systems including Salesforce.com, AS400 (iSeries), SQL Server, flat files and XML and will involve communication and coordination between internal and external technical teams. The Senior Application Programmer/Analyst is also involved in the creation of reports to aid in the monitoring and troubleshooting of the data integration processes and will be expected to take a proactive approach to utilizing these reports to monitor the production environment.
• Understands integration environment, relationship between systems and the flow of data through the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
• Creates SQL stored procedures, functions, views and other required SQL objects to support data integration and reporting.
• Proactively monitors and troubleshoots the data integration processes, including reports, ETL jobs and ad hoc data loads in the production environment.
• Creates and manages reports in Report Manager and through Subscriptions.
• Creates and manages SQL Integration Services packages and/or Informatica Mappings to support ETL jobs and ad hoc data loads.
• Proactively monitors integration performance to ensure highest level of availability.
• Creates and manages documentation describing the SQL and SSIS packages/Informatica Mappings that have been created, and aids in the database administrator (DBA) code review process.
• Troubleshoots integration and SQL Server-related issues in the integration environments.
• Makes recommendations based on observations and knowledge of best practices.
• Organizes and prioritizes multiple development streams and deployments.
• Facilitates communication and coordination between internal and external technical teams.
• Provides day-to-day support to the database administrator.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field(s). (Required)
• Minimum of 3 years of experience developing on the SQL Server platform, including Database, SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) and SSRS (SQL Services Reporting Services). (Required)
• Minimum of 3 years of experience developing on Informatica platform, including Informatica Power Center and Informatica Data Quality. (Required)
• Experience managing multi-phase development projects.
• Master’s degree in Information Technology or related field(s).
• Minimum of 2 years of experience leading a
• Experience with real-time integration.
• Knowledge of SQL Server 2012 Management Studio and BI Development environment.
• Knowledge of Stored Procedures, Views and other SQL object development.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.