Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Senior Application Programmer/Analyst-ETL position within the Business Intelligence group is responsible for developing, configuring, coding, testing and debugging new software solutions. The Senior Application Programmer/Analyst-ETL serves as a key technical resource in the development and delivery of data-oriented solutions to support critical business needs.
**Knowledge, Skills & Abilities**
• Develops, tests and implements enterprise data movement (ETL and CDC) solutions.
• Addresses system defects and implements enhancements to existing functionality.
• Works with onshore/offshore team to analyze, develop and improve ETL run times as well as produce accurate defect free code.
• Troubleshoots issues with minimal guidance, identifies bottlenecks in existing data workflows and provides solutions for a scalable, defect-free application.
• Complies with Company policy and practices relating to the System Development Life Cycle.
• Participates in the definition of application scope and objectives through research and fact finding.
• Maintains productive working relationships with project sponsors and key systems users.
• Develops effort estimates for assigned application software implementation activities.
• Provides Tier 3 support and resolution of open IT issues escalated by IT Customer Support.
• Supports production environment in the event of emergency.
• Provides performance tuning insight to project team and creates reusable objects and templates.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor's degree in IT or related field. (Required)
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in IT operations and support performing ETL using the Informatica tool set. (Required)
• Minimum of 3 years of experience working on large data initiatives (>5 terabytes).
• Experience in the design and development of ETL workflows.
• Experience working with job scheduler and monitoring tools.
• Experience working with relational database technology.
• Experience with SQL scripting languages (SSIS, PL/SQL, etc.)
• Experience with large enterprise-grade data warehouse solutions.
• Extensive experience working with Informatica.
• Experience working with Change Data Capture (CDC) technology.
• Experience with large database implementations (Oracle, SQL server, Teradata, IBM, etc.).
• Experience with Oracle Essbase.
• Experience with Big Data solutions including Hadoop.
• Experience working with dimensional modeling and slowly changing dimensions.
• Experience with Predictive Analytics and Forecasting.
• Strong analytical skills and focus on bottom-line results.
• Ability to conduct root cause analysis and performance tuning for complex business processes and functionality.
• Ability to interact with IT and business users across the organization to resolve issues and provide solutions in a timely manner.
**Rewarding Compensation and Benefits**
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.