At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 233,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year.
HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
• Ranked 63 in Fortune 500
• Competitive Fortune 100, industry matched salaries and yearly merit increase
• Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT since 2009
• Named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" since 2010
• 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission's list of top performers on key quality measures
This engineer delivers on "Front End" (User Interface & User Experience - UI & UX) development commitments from start to finish for all aspects of the HCA enterprise products such as Media Connect (HCA's internal video delivery), mobile apps and Atlas Connect Intranet Portal. The "FED" Engineer demonstrates capability to design, development, implement, and support development solutions. Engineer can quickly learn and maintain existing solutions as well as new development. Engineer provides key problem resolutions for production systems as needed. Engineer has an in depth understanding of FED technologies and is required to develop relationships throughout the organization as well as our Vendors to assist in accomplishing company/project goals. Engineer must have knowledge and experience in web interface engineering and an ability to design solid front-end architectures that integrates with other systems and technologies. This engineer is a highly motivated, creative, self-starter and is committed to delivering high quality solutions within agreed upon timelines.
Develop Consumer Facing Product UI/UX Front End Code
• Lead workflow and direction from Collaboration Manager and Senior developers
• Present to the business, field partners and co-workers
• Mentor younger front end developers with industry leading standards and emerging technical solutions
• Setup environments, work stations, and maintenance for junior level engineers
• Act as team lead and
• Perform technical developer duties on UI and UX for Atlas Connect Portal, Collaboration Software, other Enterprise Systems, including requirements gathering, design, development, and testing
• Participate in requirements validation and feasibility analysis with respect to enterprise products
• Create high level and detail front end UI specification that will enable, help troubleshooting day to day build activities.
• Estimate work effort required in delivering features keeping WebSphere Portal capabilities in mind
• Produce high quality, modular, reusable code that incorporates coding best practices
• Write code and assist in development of new products/features and enhance and/or maintain existing ones
• Assist the design team in portal configuration/customization for different environments
• Take workflow between visual designers, back-end developers and vendor partners
• Accurately report issues and status to project management
• Create and execute unit test cases (both automated and manual)
• Participate in various code review activities.
• Collaborate with Collaboration Manager, Development Technology Director, other Developers, and Creative Services Staff to ensure a highly engaging and technically solid end user experience
Oversee and participate in the day-to-day support and maintenance activities.
• Understand assigned applications and system architecture
• Assist in troubleshooting activities
• Work on assignments involving the use of various technologies both old and new.
• Develop software with a focus on delivering reusable code.
• Complete assignments on time.
• Work as part of a team and work independently.
• Direct the performance of simple, moderate and complex programming assignments within the department
• Provide after hours/on-call support as needed
Bachelor's degree required.
5 years experience in performing the following:
• Experience with adaptive & responsive web design techniques. Ideally this experience would include implementing one or more well-known responsive design frameworks such as Twitter Bootstrap, Ember, Foundation, AngularJS, Skeleton, etc.
• Have a firm foundation developing non-native web apps on iOS (iPhone, iPad), Android and other appropriate mobile interfaces.
• High-proficiency with compliancy standard XHTML & CSS, accessibility and SEO
• Solid hand coding, no WYSIWYG coding
• Has a passion for engaging end users through highly interactive interface experiences.
• Solid understanding of desktop, tablet & mobile Webkit, Opera & Mozilla based cross-browser/platform issues and code solutions
• Knowledge of solutions to emulate CSS3 and HTML5 experiences on Internet Explorer 7 browsers through progressive enhancement and/or JS solutions.
• Experience using common JS Frameworks (jQuery, AngularJS, YUI, etc.)
• Overtime may be required to meet deadlines.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects.
• Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom