Summary of Position:
A successful candidate for the Senior Application Support Engineer position provides technical client support for a wide variety of issues across Oracle Health Sciences Global Business Unit (HSGBU) product lines. This candidate is also able to work on complex problems, while balancing an increased workload in a fast paced environment. The Senior Application Support Engineer will be working closely with the Quality Assurance and Development groups. It is essential that this Team Member follows Oracle HSGBU procedures to ensure that all contractual support obligations are being met. On a continual basis it is important for the Senior Application Support Engineer to develop an increased knowledge of the Oracle HSGBU product lines and industry standards. Under the direction of Management, this Team Member will address and resolve all software issues brought to our attention by the clients in a timely fashion.
Additionally, a successful candidate will be responsible for managing more complex challenges escalated by the Tier I group. It is the responsibility of the Senior Application Engineer to facilitate a resolution to all escalated issues brought to their attention.
This Team Member is also responsible for working closely with our clients to develop custom solutions required to solve their technical and business problems. In addition, a Senior Technical Support Engineer may be asked to assist our Development groups with some maintenance level programming as well as QA activities. Additional Requirements:
Education and Experience Required:
- Preparing relevant technical bulletins and contributing solutions to the corporation.
- Developing and maintaining Global Customer Support Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and quality system documentation.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience within the Healthcare industry is a big plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer focused, with a pro-active and responsive approach. Able to understand and define customer needs.
- Able to travel to customers' locations to provide occasional on-site support.
- Excellent telephone and e-mail etiquette is essential.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in providing customer support for complex software products, including operating systems and network support.
- Experience with the Win2000, Win2003, Win2008, UNIX, Linux Operating Systems.
- Answer product related technical questions on issues using and running the PL/SQL compiled codes, PowerBuilder and C debugger
- Assist and advise on basic database tuning using the database debugger
- Ability to read, write and debug programs written in PL/SQL, SQL, C#
- A solid understanding and hands-on experience installing, configuring, monitoring and managing Oracle databases on all platforms (including UNIX , Citrix ) - versions 9i, 10g and 11.
- A solid understanding of the Oracle/SQL Server Backup, restoration and performance tuning.
- Demonstrated expertise with SQL, PL/SQL programming language, XML, VB Script, C#, Windows, UNIX scripting
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and/or platforms. Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management. In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 4 years experience with Core products or five years experience with Applications products and have a technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle)Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.