Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Application Support Manager, Data and Analytics. The position will ideally be based in Raritan, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 119,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
The Senior Application Support Manager, Data and Analytics is responsible for ensuring resources, knowledge, processes and tools are in place to deliver Application Support Services for the J&J North America BI/DW and Analytics portfolio. This portfolio includes, but is not limited to, traditional BI technologies (Informatica, Cognos, SAP BW), Big Data ecosystems (including Cloud based BI (AWS/Redshift/EMR), Data Lake (Hadoop/In-memory data grid), Teradata, and SAP Business Objects/HANA) and Visualization technologies (Spotfire, Tableau). The BI/DW Senior Manager will lead and lead a team of Application Support Service professionals who are accountable to deliver defined Application Support Services, meeting all service level targets/objectives, acting as first level escalation point for the service related issues for IT partners & partners and all other defined Application Maintenance Services.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- You will build/lead a high performing Credo-based team, with a culture of metrics driven continuous improvement, to deliver all dedications in a timely manner.
- You will manage and deliver End-to-End application support and maintenance, including Incident Resolution, Service Request Fulfillment, Application Monitoring and Break/Fix support, in line with the platform/application requirements.
- Continuously assess BI DW Application Demand with Plan/Build to align new support services for evolving technology changes and to ensure resource capacity and capabilities are ready for new application support demand.
- You will design, deploy and continuously improve application support and maintenance processes and practices, utilizing standard J&J ITIL processes including: Incident, Change Management and Problem Management. Continuously assess processes to implement both process and quality improvements in Incident Resolution, Service Request Fulfillment, Application Monitoring and Break/Fix support.
- Have an unrelenting focus on reducing Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and drive down unit cost for support by managing strong vendor partnerships and bringing to bear Activity Based Costing (ABC), Lean methodology and continuous process improvement.
- You will develop, lead and coordinate communications and relationships across multiple IT teams, including AS Plan and Build Teams, Business Unit IT, IT Infrastructure Services teams and vendors to manage escalations and improve support processes.
- Provide regular and detailed appropriate reports back to partners and at all levels of management and staff about the current status of services and vendor performance.
- Bachelor's degree required, Advanced degree preferred, in Information Technology or other quantitative field is required
- 10+ years IT applications Development and Support experience required
- 8+ years of BI/DW & analytics work experience required
- Understanding of and experience with conventional BI technologies and solutions (Informatica ETL/ELT, Oracle/SQL, Cognos) is required
- Understanding of and experience with new big data technologies and solutions (Teradata, AWS, Hadoop, In-data memory grid) is preferred
- Familiarity with one or more reporting/analysis/visualization tools such as Tableau, Spotfire, MicroStrategy is preferred
- Ability to partner effectively with internal IT groups and external partners in order to successfully implement and optimize BI/DW Application support services.
- Proven leadership skills to include attracting, mentoring and retaining top IT talent and creating an environment that fosters excellence, collaboration and teamwork
- Ability to develop and manage strong vendor partnerships to negotiate and drive optimal resourcing and services.
- Ability to solve complex business problems and present recommendations to senior management effectively
- Ability to define, craft, and help drive strategy to completion while effectively collaborating with others under minimal direction/supervision
- Strong relationship building skills, influencing internal and external partners with shared and divergent interests, function or matrix environment and globally is required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of IT service management principles and practices preferred; ITIL certification a plus
- TDWI, Lean/Six Sigma and/or PMP certification a plus
United States-New Jersey-RaritanOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function