The Senior Assistant Controller reports to the Senior Manager - Corporate Accounting and assists the Senior Manager in supporting the members of the Board of Directors with the fiduciary responsibility for compliance and protecting the interests of Oracle Corporation (Oracle) and it's legal entities.
The Senior Assistant Controller is responsible for actively managing all aspects of accounting, financial audits and internal management reporting for the Corporate legal entities. The Senior Assistant Controller will support the Senior Manager to enforce that the Oracle Corporate legal entities are compliant with all US GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and local tax, accounting and financial regulations, required by local country legislation.
Specific areas of responsibility will include supporting the GCO (Global Controllers Organization) representation on the Board of Directors, performing the Financial Controllership of corporate legal entity assets and liabilities; performing the financial reporting of legal entities' results in accordance with US GAAP and Local GAAP and performing the analysis and interpretation of financial results, to manage risk presented to Oracle operations.
The Senior Assistant Controller will work very closely with the Middle Management, and will work in cross-functional relationships with Oracle's Finance, Legal, Tax, Treasury, and SOX organizations. He/she will also work closely with the external auditors.
Job description :
- Participate in the month-end/quarter-end close and consolidation of Oracle entities, including preparing journal entries
- Develop and drive the process of intercompany reconciliation between Oracle entities on different accounting platforms
- Review for reasonableness the account reconciliations of the Corporate entities
- In-charge of the statutory audits of the Corporate legal entities, including the preparation of financial statements
- Work closely with external local auditors to get the audit completed within statutory timelines
- Preparation of Balance Sheet and P&L flux analysis of the Corporate entities
- Support the global Financial Controllers in day-to-day activities to ensure compliance with Oracle's policies and US GAAP
- Prepare quarterly schedules for SEC 10Q/10K filings by collaborating with Global Financial Controllers
- Support the External Reporting team in preparing the quarterly reports
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and participate in SOX testing
- Interact with the auditors and other teams in relation to areas of responsibility
- Participate and drive ad hoc projects
Qualifications and requirements:
- BS in Accounting / BS in Business with major in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- 8 years of relevant progressive experience in the technology sector with multinational companies/Fortune 500, or Big 4 public accounting experience
- Knowledge and experience of ASC 830 (formerly known as SFAS 52)
- Troubleshooting and analytical skill.
- Fast learner, attention to details, inquisitive personality
- Results oriented, can thrive in a deadline driven environment
- Knowledge and experience of ERP systems, including Oracle and Hyperion
Maintain general accounting systems, policies, and procedures to ensure that proper information is reported in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
As a member of the finance division, you will assist in accounting functions which may include general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, and inter-company transactions. Maintain the general ledger to include the preparation of journal entries, analysis, reconciliation and reporting. Maintain and implement general accounting systems. Conduct account reconciliation periodically, ledger close activities, and provide accurate financial data to support management in decision making. Develop and prepare financial reports including profit and loss, income and balance sheet statements. Review and analyze inter-company transactions. Ensure all journal entries comply with internal and external audit specifications. Participate in the ongoing development and maintenance of internal procedures and processes. May participate in special projects.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. Strong analytical, prioritization and communication skills in partnering with other internal groups and management. Familiarity with Excel spreadsheets is essential. Familiarity with Oracle Financials is essential. 5 years accounting experience and BA/BS degree in Accounting or equivalent. Some positions need you to be bilingual in English and Spanish or Portuguese.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.