The Global Controller Organization (GCO) team for North America is a key part of Oracle's World Class Finance organization. This progressive and innovative team comprises a dynamic group of financial professionals responsible for Oracle's US GAAP external reporting, external statutory reporting, US & local compliance and fiduciary responsibilities, as well as mergers and acquisitions. Position Overview:
As part of the Global Controllers Organization, you have the responsibility to establish and maintain Financial Controllership over Oracle's Treasury function. You would be required to oversee any accounting that originates from Treasury
As a member of the Global Controllers Organization, you will own the treasury accounting functions for debt, interest, foreign exchange, investments, cash, and assist in general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, and inter-company transactions. Maintain the general ledger to include the preparation of journal entries, analysis, reconciliation and reporting. Conduct account reconciliation periodically, ledger close activities, and provide accurate financial data to support management in decision making. Develop and prepare financial reports including profit and loss, income and balance sheet statements, and interest expense forecast. Review and analyze inter-company transactions. Ensure all journal entries comply with internal and external audit specifications.
These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Personal Skills and Qualifications:
- Responsible for the accuracy of the periodically reported FX gain/loss P&L line
- Support Treasury team in the management of the FX risks incurred by Oracle, as a result of the specific structure and processes related to intercompany transactions.
- Review the Hedging, Debt and Investment and any ad-hoc accounting entries prior to transmission to the Financial Controllers for booking.
- Act as the accounting expert for the Treasury team. Act as a link between Treasury Operations and Financial Controllers.
- Responsible for Treasury Policies updates
- 5 years of experience in an accounting capacity, to include 2 years support of a Treasury function. Public accounting followed by industry experience preferred.
- A self-starter, the candidate must be promptly efficient in a fast paced environment. Ability to work with remote teams.
- Proactive in problem-solving skills including the ability to define possible solution alternatives and foresee issues
- Proven capability of process improvement. Out-of-the box thinker.
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- MS Excel proficient, Oracle 11i experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or Finance required; CPA highly desired.
***All Qualifications are preferred***Qualifications:
Maintain general accounting systems, policies, and procedures to ensure that proper information is reported in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
As a member of the finance division, you will assist in accounting functions which may include general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, and inter-company transactions. Maintain the general ledger to include the preparation of journal entries, analysis, reconciliation and reporting. Maintain and implement general accounting systems. Conduct account reconciliation periodically, ledger close activities, and provide accurate financial data to support management in decision making. Develop and prepare financial reports including profit and loss, income and balance sheet statements. Review and analyze inter-company transactions. Ensure all journal entries comply with internal and external audit specifications. Participate in the ongoing development and maintenance of internal procedures and processes. May participate in special projects.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. Strong analytical, prioritization and communication skills in partnering with other internal groups and management. Familiarity with Excel spreadsheets is essential. Familiarity with Oracle Financials is essential. 5 years accounting experience and BA/BS degree in Accounting or equivalent. Some positions need you to be bilingual in English and Spanish or Portuguese.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.