Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Edit and write Merck Manuals manuscripts to ensure completeness, accuracy, currency, style consistency, and clinical relevance.
- Research clinical content for manuscripts.
- Work with lay editors and external contributors to finalize manuscripts.
- Manage individual Merck Manuals projects as directed by management
- Help identify, develop, and review digital content for the Manuals, such as videos, images, quizzes, cases, and other enhanced content.
- Work with the Manuals' social media managers to develop and review social media campaigns and content, as needed.
- Assist in the development and training of lay editors if needed.
- Participate in appropriate professional Merck & Co., Inc. activities.
- Participate in promotional activities for The Manuals.
- Remain clinically astute and well informed.
- At least five years of clinical experience.
- Demonstrated skills in writing and editing medical text, and experience in teaching medical subjects.
- Demonstrated project management and leadership/management skills.
- Familiarity with digital publication and social media.
- Experience in writing test questions for medical professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to write on medical subjects for a lay audience.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Job keywords: MD, DO, editor, writing, medical writing, digital publication, social media, project management, Upper Gwynedd, PA