Adecco Engineering and Technology is currently recruiting for a Senior Associate job located in Mountain View, CA. We are looking for a Senior Associate for a 12 months' contract. As a senior associate, you will work with statistician and analysts on the team to provide short and long term order volume. You will lead discussions with executives to agree on volume trajectory and operational plans. You will help cross-functional teams identify and prioritize analytical projects based on level of impact, and problem solve with the team of statisticians and analysts to complete these projects. You will collect multiple inputs relevant for forecasting (e.g statistical models provided by the statistician, marketing campaign information, local knowledge from market manager and recent ordering trends/performance) and consolidate them into a single forecast that will be presented by the end-users. You will use strong analytical skills, business acumen and problem solving skills to minimize forecast variance.
• Five to Eight years of work experience in an analytical and business leadership role in a fast-paced/startup environment. Forecasting experience a plus
• Undergraduate degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, operations research or other relevant quantitative fields. Master's degree preferred but not required
• Superb communication skills (written and verbal)
• Demonstrated project leadership skills and self-direction
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
• Work with leadership and external teams to understand forecasting user requirements and business changes that affects the forecasting team. Work with analyst team to understand the feasibility and complexity of these requests and prioritize according to level of effort and impact
• Work with external teams to develop processes and channels to obtain and maintain the
required forecasting inputs
Forecasting process and methodologies improvements
• Provide thought leadership on improving GX's sales and operational planning processes. Lead implementation of these changes
• Closely monitor day-to-day forecast performance and make both short term ad-hoc adjustments and long term methodology improvements. Work with statistician on the team to develop and continuously improve forecasting methodology
• Balance the need for accuracy vs. practicality, especially in an environment with constant changes and limited historical data
• Analyze and predict the impact of business changes (e.g. new customer experience) and integrate such prediction into the forecast
• Lead executive and manager level discussions on forecast output, insights and implications
• Track forecasting accuracy over time and present these findings to stakeholders
• Act as a subject matter expert in cross-functional teams to help team members understand forecast output and variability, and thus, make better planning decisions
To be successful at this role, the candidate must be a very strong communicator and leader, and have solid understanding of statistical methods and analytics.
If you are interested, then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Adecco Engineering and Technical go to www.adeccousa.com. If you have questions about the position, please contact Jharna Kachru at 408-328-0778 or Jharna.Kachru@adeccona.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.