Merck & Co., Inc., known as Merck in the US and Canada and MSD across the rest of the world, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
General administrative support
- Provide general administrative and clerical tasks in support of an Executive Director, 2 Directors and staff.
- Schedule internal/external meetings, teleconferences, and video conferences, monitor calendar conflicts, ensure all relevant teleconferences and/or contact information are included in meeting invites, secure catering and logistics
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable Company policies and practices
- Apply knowledge and understanding of standard operating procedures for the organization and Division.
- Communication Skills must be at a level to effectively interact with Merck executives and internal/external clients.
- Supports the use of Team Sites
- Coordinate domestic/International travel arrangements as needed and secure all travel plans/itineraries prior to travel.
- Order supplies, prepare and manage POs, track budget and follow up on invoices
- Provide backup coverage for the CPO's executive assistant
- Coordinate other ad hoc projects as needed
- Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of (8) years Administrative Assistant supporting executives (Associate Director, Director and Executive Director or above)
- Advanced computer skills using MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point etc.) and operation of other peripheral devices
- Advanced secretarial/clerical abilities
- SAP experience processing: Expense Reports; Purchase Orders and Payment Requests and Vendor Add Forms
- Experience scheduling complex travel arrangements including multi-leg domestic and international travel
- Documented experience as a strong performer in current and past positions
- Ability to handle and prioritize a large number of simultaneous assignments
- High attention to detail
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Experience with financial and budget tasks
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement