Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The successful applicant will, under limited supervision, perform intermediate administrative/clerical tasks in a specific area/division. Researches data, Constructs data format, and uses computer to develop reports, tables, graphs and correspondence. Applies knowledge of standard procedures and practices of the area to daily work assignments.
The primary activities include and are not limited to the following:
- General Secretarial/Clerical duties
- Work requires the coordination and performance of multiple tasks while understanding the project principles and technical skills related to own work assignments.
- Work priorities and activities are reviewed with little supervision.
- Produces/completes various work assignments requiring advanced analytical ability, independent judgment, creativity and problem solving skills.
- Schedules complex, multi-leg and international travel
- Supports the use of Team Sites
- Communication Skills must be at a level to effectively interact with Merck executives and internal/external clients both on-site and remotely to maintain workflow.
- May coordinate special projects within the division/area.
- May provide functional guidance to a workgroup consisting of non-exempt employees
- Acts as a technical resource to others in own discipline
- Anticipates and prioritizes work to be done, and applies knowledge.skills to a range of activities
- Understands client and/or customer needs and identifies solutions to non-standar request by interpreting existing procedures, processes and practices
- Solves moderately complex problems and applies judgement in developing solutions
- Required: High School Diploma
- Minimum of (8) years Administrative Assistant experience
- Minimum of (3) years Executive Administrative experience supporting senior executives (Sr. Director, Executive Director, VP or above)
- Advanced computer skills using MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point etc.) and operation of other peripheral devices
- SAP experience processing: Expense Reports; Purchase Orders and Payment Requests; Vendor Add Forms, as well as the capability to run reports within SAP
- Experience scheduling complex travel arrangements including multi-leg domestic and international travel
- Advanced secretarial/clerical abilities with a history of high performance
- Documented experience as a strong performer in current and past positions
- Ability to handle and prioritize a large number of simultaneous assignments
- Experience with event planning and coordination
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Experience with financial and budget tasks
- Computer skills and adept operation of other peripheral devices.
- Intermediate secretarial/clerical abilities.
- Professional communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize responsibilities
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement