New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life’s surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
NYL Investors LLC, a $200+ billion investment management organization and wholly-owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company, is seeking to add a CLO Analyst to its High Yield Credit Group. The Group currently manages approximately $14 billion, and assets under management are growing. Portfolio strategies include institutional, total return, and CLO portfolios investing in high yield corporate debt and floating rate loans.
The ideal candidate for this role is an associate or analyst with 3-5 years of relevant product and market experience, who performs well independently within a dynamic team culture. This position is based in our midtown Manhattan home office.
Responsibilities of the position include:
· Assist portfolio managers and CLO product manager with portfolio construction, surveillance, analytics, and optimization.
· Review monthly and quarterly CLO trustee and payment date reports and prepare periodic investor communications.
· Liaise with underwriters, attorneys, and rating agencies during the new CLO issuance process and during the life of the deal.
· Prepare marketing and reporting materials for investors, rating agencies, and senior management.
· Collaborate with internal legal, operations, finance, and compliance functions.
Requirements of the position include:
· 3-5 years of relevant industry experience with a strong background in quantitative analysis, financial modeling, and project management.
· BA required; MBA or CFA is a plus.
· Proficiency in MS Office applications including Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
· Meaningful experience and familiarity with CLOs, structured finance, and/or floating rate loans is preferred.
The firm offers a competitive compensation package, a flexible benefits program, 401(k) with company match, a
tuition assistance program, an on-site fitness center, a back-up child care center, and many other attractive benefits.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
*Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
**Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company’s long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company’s profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.