Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you'll find yourself in the company of some of the industry's smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Senior Associate - Cloud Engineering
The position of Engineer, Cloud Integration and Automation, is responsible for working with Application Development teams to most effectively run and operate our enterprise applications on cloud platforms. This is a DevOps position, responsible for the full-stack engineering, automation and support for products that support our Infrastructure-as-a-Service capabilities.This person will be responsible for design, development and automating capabilities for deployment and testing practices, establishing an infrastructure pipeline for on-prem workloads. They should have strong problem solving skills and demonstrate the ability to work independently, communicating effectively across multiple technical teams.Primary Responsibilities:
- Full lifecycle management and accountability of products supporting our enterprise public and private cloud platforms
- Cloud Product Strategy definition, articulation and communication
- Product evangelist role across the enterprise to socialize capability, drive adoption and product evolution
- Conduct research, support proof-of-concept initiatives on new products that evolve the IaaS/cloud automation capabilities
- Contribute to user groups, share code and gather best practices from peer groups
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- 2+ years working in a technical environment (preferably in a Cloud based environment)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong team player, self-motivated, requiring minimal direction, good work ethic, open to learning new technologies, forward and strategic thinking
- Proven track record of supporting large, mission critical deployments
- Understanding of infrastructure as code (IaC) design, principles and experience with implementation
- Experience with vRA / vRO or other IaaS cloud automation technologies
- Experience with configuration management / automation /Chef/ Puppet / Ansible / Terraform Experience with Cloud Foundry
- Experience with test driven development, pipelines or implementation of an infrastructure test harness a + vSphere a +, NSX or SDN
- Hybrid cloud delivery using AWS or other public cloud providers
- Excellent leadership, organization and communication skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.