Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Associate Director, US Medical Affairs Nutritionals & GI, are to:
Who you are
- Provide the medical and scientific expertise in designing, assessing and interpreting clinical studies and data as well as additional external medical and scientific information which can be translated and used in commercialization activities including development of clinical claims, advertising claims, promotional claims and new product opportunities to support the company's objectives and approves advertising copy and promotional copy from a Medical perspective;
- Strategic planning, guidance and implementation of programs, including clinical development programs, to support and drive the development of claims and new products for existing and new Dietary Supplement and OTC brands;
- Effectively communicate with the marketing/commercialization groups as well as other technical groups in identifying scientific insights, educating and influencing nonscientific decision makers regarding business opportunities related to clinical information, product support and innovation;
- Primary contact with Health Authorities regarding medical/clinical issues and point person for representing Consumer Health in external and internal forums related to specific category activity and responsible for ensuring timely and accurate Medical submissions to Health Authorities;
- Assures productivity and resource objectives are met by overseeing timeline and budget requirements, including allocation of budget to specific projects;
- Builds strong relationships with key opinion leaders while working with emerging scientific discoveries and information to keep the company informed of and ahead of the most recently published literature in various categories;
- Provides medical guidance, category knowledge and scientific expertise enabling strong product claims and messaging support, new product development and launches, and leading edge innovation based on competent and reliable scientific evidence;
- Directly interacts in an inclusive team environment with Marketing Brand Groups, New Business Development, Regulatory Affairs, Legal, Consumer Relations, Global Medical Affairs teams, Innovation, other internal functions and external consultants to assist in product development and promotional strategies, accuracy of advertising claims and successful innovation efforts.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- An advanced degree in related scientific field, such as PharmD, PhD, or MD with 8+ years of experience in clinical research and development or medical affairs or related businesses; or a MS with 10+ years of experience in clinical research and development or medical affairs or related businesses;
- Requires strong communication skills, oral and written, as well as strategic, managerial and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to interact with and influence people at all levels within Bayer;
- Thorough knowledge of scientific information, the ability to interpret and assimilate scientific data, and thought leader development skills;
- Good understanding of the key pre-clinical and clinical trial design elements, including statistical considerations, operations and interpretation of these activities as well as regulatory requirements.
sroennau Your application
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below. Country:
United States Location:
A little about us:
Why Bayer? Because we’re a pioneer in the fields of human, animal, and plant health. Because we invent solutions that will create a sustainable future for our planet. Because a career with Bayer means you can put your passion into practice and make an impact.