Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you'll find yourself in the company of some of the industry's smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Facilities Operations - Associate
The Senior Associate for Engineering will work with the broader Facilities Department to develop and execute strategy, schedule and monitor projects and coordinate facility related operations, maintenance and policy & procedures for the Riverwoods Campus. The person will expected to provide Lean guidance & prospective focused on this effort. The person and coordinate with contractors and consultants to develop strategies, as well as collaborating with cross-functional teams.
* Prepare for and conduct large cross functional meetings
* Help understand key metrics for scorecard creation and project execution
* Build relationships with all key constituents necessary to deliver results
* Articulate strong fact-driven recommendations
* Directing and coordinating building engineers and vendors.
* Pricing and coordinating repairs & maintenance.
* Assist with budgeting.
* Processing purchase orders of supplies and materials.
* Scheduling and coordinating building testing.
* Assisting and advising on capital projects, special projects and build-outs.
* Interaction with tenants.
* Coordinating with cross-functional teams.
* Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
* High School Diploma required.
* Computer experience required.
* The ability to work on multiple tasks is expected.
* Strong analysis skills
* Ability to drive projects with an ownership and independent mindset
* Experience/ Strong proficiency with Microsoft applications (Word, PowerPoint, Advanced Excel)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal change-management capabilities
* Knowledge of HVAC, fire systems and electrical preferred but not required. Lean Change Agent training.
* Experience in due diligence and working with the entire development team (consultants, design engineers, architects, trades etc.).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.