An exciting opportunity exists to join a dynamic working environment involved with many of the most important issues facing the nation. Based in our New York City headquarters, Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA) is seeking an experience Senior Associate, Foundation Relations and Grantsmanship. This is an exciting opportunity to join the organization as it enters its second decade at the forefront of the veterans' movement, advocating for our newest generation of heroes.
The Senior Associate will be responsible for implementing successful foundation and corporate fundraising strategies, developing a portfolio of sustainable, renewable, and upgradeable institutional donors. S/he will be responsible for proposal writing; donor stewardship; identifying and researching appropriate foundation prospects; and management of the foundation fundraising calendar.
The Senior Associate, Foundation Relations and Grantsmanship will report directly to the Director of Strategic Partnerships.
- Prepare foundation and corporate foundation grant proposals, including proposal research, writing, proposal budgets and submittals;
- Maintain grants calendar: submissions, renewals, reports, funding projected and received;
- Identify and research prospective foundation and corporate foundation donors. Prepare foundation profiles as required;
- Steward foundation relationships through donor and prospect visits, donor reports and mailing, regular telephone contact, invitations to events, etc.
- Travel or evening and weekend meetings required on an as needed basis;
- Other duties as assigned required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree with 7+ years of demonstrated success in foundation and corporate fundraising and proposal writing;
- Proven track record of developing successful foundation proposals and a demonstrated ability to manage foundation relationships required;
- Familiarity with foundation and corporate research tools;
- Practiced knowledge of donor/database management;
- Proven results in external-facing foundation relationship management.
- Positive attitude and empathy toward veterans;
- Decisive and analytical, a proactive problem solver;
- Stickler for precision, tracking on projects and detailed record keeping;
- Exceptional organization, written and verbal communication skills are necessary for success in this position;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines and achieve results in a fast-moving environment;
- Superior writing skills, and rigorous attention to detail;
- Solid computer skills, including acquiring ability to use Salesforce (IAVA's database system) and other programs as needed;
- Strong facility and Microsoft Office Applications;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, adhere to deadlines and work well under pressure, both independently and as part of a team;
- Commitment to the mission and goals of IAVA.
Immediate Application Deadline:
Rolling Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience. IAVA provides comprehensive health and dental coverage, access to vision benefits, a Flexible Spending Account, Transportation Savings Account and a 403(b) retirement plan, in addition to thirty Paid Time Off days per year. To Apply
: Click Here
to complete our online application. Include a cover letter that concisely explains how your experience could be applied to IAVA. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
IAVA is an equal opportunity employer; VETERANS OF THE CONFLICTS IN IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
A little about us:
Founded in 2004 by an Iraq veteran, IAVA is the first and largest organization for new veterans and their families.