As a Senior Associate on our consulting team, you will be asked to serve as a key member of the Financial Forensics, and Litigation Services team, taking substantial responsibility in performing analytical and investigative services to attorneys, legal counsel, audit committees, government agencies, regulators, corporate boards, insurance companies, law enforcement, and management of companies.
Our Financial Forensics and Litigation Services team has the skills and experience to unravel the puzzles, collect and document the evidence, and perform the detailed analysis, allowing our clients to move forward with the information they need.
- Assisting with investigations related to embezzlement, whistleblower, financial reporting fraud, foreign corrupt practices act, loan fraud, fidelity claims, claw back litigation, construction fraud, Ponzi schemes, health care fraud, fraudulent conveyance, purchase price disputes, royalty audit, related party transactions, billing disputes, bankruptcy fraud, securities fraud, anti-money laundering, and other matters
- Assisting with litigation discovery on document requests and preparation of interrogatories
- Reviewing documents
- Assisting with preparing questions for witnesses
Analysis of financial statements, accounting records and tax returns
- Preparation of damage calculations
- Data mining and analysis, including database construction of financial records, accounting data, database extracts, etc.
- Performing electronic reviews of evidence
- Analyzing and reconstructing fraudulent transactions, complex transactions, financial statements, etc.
- Funds tracing
- Preparation of complex spreadsheets
- Assisting with preparation of expert reports
- Assisting with preparation of trial exhibits
- Compiling organized working papers
- Cultivating and maintaining positive, productive, and professional relationships with colleagues and clients
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- Minimum 3 - 4 years of experience in providing litigation, investigation, and forensic accounting services as well as experience supervising staff
- Working towards, or completion of, CFE, CPA, or CFF certifications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Flexibility to travel to clients and other firm offices
- Ability to work long hours and have flexibility to meet client deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to gather facts, organize data, analyze financial statements and other financial data, and identify relevant issues
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- CFE, CPA, or CFF certifications
- Two plus years of experience with a "Big 4" or national consulting firm providing litigation, investigation, and forensic accounting services